Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:41:46 PM

Author Topic: Newbie needs help with Z-axis error codes  (Read 9255 times)

Re: Newbie needs help with Z-axis error codes
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 03:14:58 PM »
Thanks Hood, I do have a servo system. Where do I find the motor size, voltage and rpm info? These are probably stupid questions but I'm new to all of this so please bear with me!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
You should get all that info on the motors plate or the manual you got with it (if any)
Hood

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
When tuning with the ajax system and mach you want to set the velocity at 120 and the acceleration at 10, also make sure your encoder steps per are entered correct  Once you start getting them dialed in you can change the velocity and acceleration as needed.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 10:32:28 PM »
Thanks Guys,
  I was able to spend some time on motor tuning and have had some success. I have all axes moving well at slow jog but am unable to get the fast jog to work. I've spent a bunch of time searching the forum and have found some similar issues but haven't read any clear resolution to the problem. My shift key is not overriding the slow jog. When I use the shift key and press any of the arrow keys nothing moves, as soon as I release it the slow jog starts right up. Is there something in my setup that I'm overlooking that is making this not work. What things do I need to setup to make this work? Thanks again for your help!

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
Hate to tell you this but fast jog does not work with Ajax.  There have been many posts about on the Ajax forum, fixes that are supposed to work but don't and as far as I know nobody has had any success.  I wouldn't hold my breath on them doing anything about it either.

If you have your motors tuned set your velocity and acceleration where they need to be and when you jog just cut the speed down in Mach with the % on the mpg screen.  It's a PIA to do every time but it will work.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:23 AM »
Do MPGs work with the Ajax? If so I would highly recommend. Wouldnt be without them on my machines, wind fast and it jogs axis fast, wind slow it jogs slow, change to multi step mode and it will move precisely per click.
I never use the jog keys on an of my machines.
Hood

Offline bw

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:12:37 AM »
Not sure Hood, I don't use one.  I know Ajax sells them but the prices are crazy. I have thought about trying one of the less expensive versions I have read about on this site but have yet to get around to it.  With the lack of support from Ajax it's hard to get motivated to add anything.  Perhaps there are others on this forum who have added one and can chime in.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »
I am meaning a MPG rather than a pendant, just in case thats what you were thinking as often people call pendants MPGs.
There are quite a few places sell the MPGs, normally 60mm or 80mm dia, my preference is the 80.
Hood
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
Thanks for the input, I'll try that today and see how it works!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »
Ok guys, I'm coming around the learning curve and boy is it a tough one to maneuver. I've at least learned that I probably need to save my old xml file before making changes or at least taking notes! Here's what I now need help with (And please remember I'm new to all of this so I need it explained the best you can):

1. What value should I use for my Safe Z? (I have 5" of travel from top to bottom if that helps)

2. I'm now getting the following error message when I hit the limit switches on each axis "Axis Position Error". I've checked each switch on the Diagnostic Page and when I click each switch by hand the yellow light comes on. For X it is the M1--, for Y it is the M2++ & for Z it is the M3++. I changed some of my Max & Min Soft limit settings and no doubt that's were most of my problems lie. I'm trying to set up a 50" X 100" table area so any input on all of those settings would be much appreciated.

3. I'm still getting the blinking yellow "Abnormal Condition" on the main page. Can you help me with this? I'm attaching my xml file so that you can see what my setting are.

Thanks again in advance for your help!!!