Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:36:56 PM

Author Topic: No slow Jog  (Read 2613 times)

No slow Jog
« on: January 04, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
I use a tormach 1100 at the local makerspace. Today I went in to use the machine and found that the slow jog has disappeared.  No matter what I type in the DRO I get the same jog speed.  The machien executes code normally - it's just the jog that seems to have changed. Any ideas?  I suspect that a mach3 setting has been changed, but since this is a shared use machine, I don't know what was changed.  I've attached the xml in case someone can spot the problem in there.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: No slow Jog
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
I am not real good at this, but I would look at the job steps.  In a regular Mach 3 you should be able to hit the tab key to bring up the jog box.  Then look in the middle of the box and click the respective box to put you in constant job or incremental steps.
Re: No slow Jog
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
The problems I experienced on the Tormach began with coolant leaking into limit switches. As I began to troubleshoot the problems I noticed that the slow jog had disappeared. On this or another forum I found that this problem can be related to limit overrides.

The current status of this problem is that the Tormach is being upgraded to current spec which will then enable the  use of a current version of Mach 3. With the new hardware, the problems may go away, and if they don't the new version of Mach 3 may help me find the problems which remain.