Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:07:18 PM

Author Topic: Saving Machine Coordinates?  (Read 2422 times)

Saving Machine Coordinates?
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »
Good morning. First off I want to appologize as I am sure this topic has bound to have come up, but I just could not come up with a relevant search.

I have set my machine coordinates manually (have limit swtiches that could be used to home, but they constantly give me false trips) where they need to go, and have set up all my soft limits. I have noticed that when I shut mach down and restart, I have lost all reference to the previous machine 0's.

For example if I move to a spot of machine coordinates of X:10, Y:10, restart mach, now this position has become the new machine 0,0.
Is there a way to save the actual spot that I previously left the machine at, or am I going to have to set new machine zero references everytime I shut down mach?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Machine Coordinates?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »
Few options on Gneral Config page for saving your DROs etc, however really you should be homing each time you start as Mach is open loop so has no real way of knowing if the axis has moved from the last time your drives were enabled. This is as relevant to steppers as much as servos as disabling them will result in at least some movement, steppers will tend to jump to the nearest full step, servos can move a small amount from any forces acting on them such as belt tension.

You really should try and get your switches sorted, shielding and propely grounding or even setting a debounce interval in General Config may help, the latter not my personal favourite method though.
Hood
Re: Saving Machine Coordinates?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »
Thank you, that should help me temporarily solve my issues, and thank you for the insight. I really do want to figure out the limit switches (they are shielded, properly grounded, have installed capacitors as recommended by others, and used the debounce) so I can home that way, as I think it is even more important to use them for homing as I have a slaved axis and would help prevent any slight racking that may occur.