Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:54:51 AM

Author Topic: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big  (Read 30118 times)

Re: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:53 AM »
New development it works! i un-installed Mach and reinstalled added the Lisense and copied my xml. lathe profile into the folder , works first time.
 Things that where not loaded back in, yet : Mach standard mill ,and shuttle pro ,i intend to reload these and see what happens to see one of them will recreate the problem .
I will report  back soon with my finding's and hopefully the offending program or not ,who the heck know's.
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
The problem is Mach Standard Mill ,i re- in stalled it and the problem re-apeared some how it is not allowing the pulse signal from index to be read by the threading program.
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2012, 12:13:26 PM »
So who does one report the problem to Mach or Mach dtd. mill and who fix's it?
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 12:45:43 PM »
Sorry for the spelling error,should  have been Mach Standard Mill .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
I will mention it to Brian but I suspect it would be Dave that will have to work out what the issue is.
Good news in a way I suppose and might help others in the future if they find they have the same problem.
Hood
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »
Yes you are right about good and bad , i will have to dump mach std mill until it gets resolved . I appreciate all the help you and Rich put in on this and hopefully it will be resolved soon .
 I don't think Dave has a lathe to even do any testing on ,but i would volunteer to be a Ginny pig to resolve it.

Thank's Dusty

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2012, 05:15:22 PM »
Good for you Dusty on getting to the bottom of the problem.
Don't use Mach Standard Mill or follow that sites forum so thanks for posting on the problem.

RICH
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2012, 01:39:19 PM »
Hi Guys,
Dusty contacted me about this topic on the CVI support forum forum - I thought I'd offer an update.

I suspect the root problem was with Mach 3.43.22 and PP driver 570 (which is what Dusty tells me he had running when he experienced this issue).
For MSM use, we recommend mach 3.43.37 (which also installs PP driver 601). I've settled on mach 3.43.37 as the MSM recommendation as it has patches for some serious safety issues that exist with the lockdown (3.43.22) rev.
(BTW, if you want mach 3.43.37, it is avail (via permission) from the CVI web site download area at www.CalyopsoVentures.com since it is not on the FTP page of Machsupport.com)

It looks as if the index pulse problem exists with the PP 570 level driver but is fixed in the 601 level driver.
I have some hints as to what the internal issue is in the 570 PP driver from correspondence with Art, and it involves changes in how plug-ins and the PP driver interact wrt to updating the RPM DRO (39) - I suspect the change Art made for that also fixed whatever this issue is in the 570 PP driver re threading sync (as there is only one input pin for the index pulse, the driver does both the RPM DRO update and Threading sync handling).

In any case, whatever the mach bug is, it seems not to exist with mach 3.43.37 and PP driver 601. I did not go back and verify the bug on 3.43.22 and driver 570 (as that would have required time that I didn't want to spend just to verify a mach bug).

FYI - to test this I set up a test system, connected to a PMDX125 breakout board on my test bench. It is fully configured for 3 axes and I'm using a signal generator to supply index pulses to the BoB - so I know it's getting nice square 50% duty cycle index pulses and I can vary the pulse speed to anything needed. Essentially this is a complete PP control system that just is not hooked to motor drivers (though the motor tunings etc are all configured).

I then set up 3 mach profiles, the only difference between the three are the profile names and the screen set the profile loads.
The first profile loads the mach 1024.set screen and gives stock mach mill mode.
The second profile loads the mach 1024.lset screen and gives stock mach lathe mode.
The third profile loads MSM.

I've used the test set up to run mach with 1024 mill, mach with 1024 lathe and mach with MSM, shifting from one to the other in all possible combinations.  I can do that and I can run the threading test gcode (that Dusty said failed for him) every time without problem. I've also not had any trouble running any other gocde with any of the profiles - so the "proof by example that it's possible" is not dependent on the single gcode test case. I think that verifies that it is indeed possible to run MSM and mach lathe on the same PC without needing to uninstall MSM and reinstall Mach to make a lathe work.

So to set the record straight for those that may find this thread in the future, while using MSM may have illuminated the situation, the root issue is not an MSM bug, it is a mach bug.   :D

Finally, from a post he made on the MSM forum, I have the impression that Dusty has this solved too - I've pinged him to verify that and am currently awaiting an ack that the mach update resolved this for him too.

Dave
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:43:23 PM by DaveCVI »
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
Thanks for the update Dave, always good to have a thread end in a resolution as it will hopefully help others if they suffer from the same issue.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »
Will put some words in the Threading On The Lathe - Mach3 Turn write up as follows:

- Threading was first fixed in Version 3.042.032
- Threading was then updated in Version 3.042.033 to account for CPU's with a fast bus speed >2.1 GHz to eliminate a (-)
   spindle speed in the DRO
- Version 3.043.37 recomended if using MSM and it is available  (via permission) from the CVI web site download area
   at www.CalyopsoVentures.com

Should the user have a threading problem using versions after 3.042.033 and greater please post on the Artsoft Forum.

RICH