Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:01:19 AM

Author Topic: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big  (Read 30240 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
Lets us know how you make out with the new sensor.
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »
If you scope then make sure you scope both ends, ie direct at the sensor will let you know so much but if it goes through a BOB then it could well be that that is causing issues.
Hood
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
I hooked up a C3 board from Aurturo that i had and forgotten about and a opto ,same result ,the first switch checked out fine on the scope  gave a nice 2 to 5 mill sec pulse.
 Just what Mach requires to see the pulse so i guess the board is the next logical step to check ,man what a pain for a few thread's ,i wrote Aurturo to see if he had a suggestion for a board.
 I have a Probotix board on that second port ,i had from another mill project when i went to servo's i do not believe it is buffered and this could be the problem i am facing . I am going to try and read some on that board and see what is up with it.

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Sorry for the mistake on the buffering it should of said , that the board was not buffered. ???
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
Just thought i would update everyone ,i ran the sensor  through my port one BOB with the same result speed sensed but mach still refusing to pick up a thread . Could some one post me a G code for a thread that they created in the wizard and has been successfully run.
 I am still thinking i do not have something set right somewhere and i am over looking it .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »
It certainly does seem strange that RPM is reading OK and your index etc LEDs are fine.
The threading code I posted the last day I ran but afraid if its wizard code that is tested it will be tomorrow before I can do that as its 11pm here and the workshop is 10 miles away :D

Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »
Code from the wizard for a 1/4-20 thread. Tested and works.

RICH
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
Thank's Rich ,i will give it a try and see what i get .
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 08:01:26 PM »
Thank's Hood Rich ,sent one and i will test it and see what we get , just can not figure this out ,i am sure it is a simple thing i am missing somewhere .
 As i have tested two completley different sensors and BOB's with the same result it must be an error on my part or a software issue.
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »
Hi Rich, why the -.3 in the Z start box? i have been using zero there.