Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:44:37 AM

Author Topic: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big  (Read 30252 times)

Re: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 07:35:49 PM »
Hi Hood ,sorry it took me so long to get back the sight was down. Any way i am still having some problems ,i tried to run your g code it got to the G76 line and then it        just stops gives no error message , i checked the diagnostics page everything seems to be working correctly spindle feed back and everything it just stops spindle stays running. Can you send me a screen shot of your general config page so i can look at ,could the initialization string cause this problem i am not sure what to put in there.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Just looked at your profile and you have the turn diagnostics plugin enabled. That was for previous versions when Art was trying to get threading better for the parallel port, it doesnt work now with the current driver and may be your problem so switch it off and restart Mach.
Cant remember, are you using the parallel port or some other controller?
Hood
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2012, 07:58:32 PM »
I will give that a try ,i am using a parallel port 1and 2 on AC servos , there is so much information you do not know what to use, and what not . It will be morning before i can get back to it ,i will make the changes and see what happen's and let you know .

Thank's Dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 08:01:24 PM »
Ok that is likely your problem.
If its still not working look on diagnostics page and see what the state of wait for trigger and threading leds are.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 07:15:29 AM »
everything seems to be working correctly spindle feed back and everything it just stops spindle stays running

Mach may be waiting for a number of spindle rev's to confirm the timing.
Debounce and index debounce can affect the indexing so maybe try different settings.
You can check the index by rotating the spindle manualy and when in G94 mode you will see the indicating light in diagnostics turn on and off.
Just generate a threading code via the wizard (we know that code works) and run without actual cutting. If the threading cycle starts then the 
those settings are not the problem.

RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »
Just looked at your xml after Rich mentioned the Index Debounce and you have 100, that is also likely a problem, when I used the parallel port if I had any value in there at all then it would affect things, you would notice it easily by spindle speed readings being slow to respond or being totally off. You have averaging so maybe you dont notice it so much, I never used averaging.

BTW Rich the code I posted works ;)
Hood
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
Hi Hood , i have made the changes suggested disabled thread diag. and set index debounce to zero ,i ran the threading wizard got the same result stop's at G76 .
  I am looking at the diag. screen , tool path led lit,spindle feedback lit,threading led lit ,   index light flashing. I get an output light flashing even though none are enabled.
It says G95 mode led lit,spindle on led lit,true rpm pulsing 588 to 587 rpm. I tried to send screen shots but i not get any kind of file to load to the forum.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 02:44:20 PM »
Strange, can you attach your latest xml?
Also you do have the licence loaded on that machine? If it says Demo then threading wont work.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 03:09:58 PM »
I have just run your xml with that code simulating the index and it ran fine so it would seem your index pulse is not being seen, assuming you are not in demo mode that is.
Hood
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
This was my thought also, i just changed out the proximity switch that i had to anouther , maybe i need a different kind of sensor, what would you suggest ?
 I checked the under help it shows that it is licensed under dolphin cad cam.