Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:58:54 AM

Author Topic: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big  (Read 30117 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »
Seems to be fine, loaded some code of my own and all is well. Just need to get your BobCAD post sorted and you will be on the way :)
The G76 BobCAD is putting out is all wrong, heres and example of the code in my G76
G76 X10.25 Z-10.5 I29.0 P1.75 H0.2 Q02 T0 C1.2

Mine is metric so numbers may look funny :D

If you use the simple threading wizard you should get code that will run well enough for you.
Hood
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »
Thank's Hood ,i am working on it over at the zone with a couple guy's hopefully they can figure it out . I purchased the software so i could put multiple cuts together in one set of code .
I had know idea this was going to turn into this mess just part of it i guess ,there policy says that,they have to output a usable g code so we will see what happen's.

Thanks for the help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 07:08:18 AM »
Noticed your licence was Dolphin CADCAM, do you have Dolphin? If yes do you not like it that you bought BobCAD?
Hood
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 09:27:29 AM »
Hi Hood ,i have an old version of Dolphin mill from when they first started in the US and i bought my Mach license from them ,it was a kind of real basic program .
And from what i can see it still is.
I got a call from the post folk's at bobcam they want a good g code program for them to look at with rough and thread program , they are going to modify the original post.
Can you send me a sample please ? and they also want a list of all the canned cycle stuff that Mach use's ,i have tried to go to Mach and get it but i keep getting an error that the sight is not available started last night .
I was only able to get in through the e mail notification from the forum sight trouble i guess .

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42:27 AM »
Do you have a DXF of the part you want and I will code it via Dolphin so BobCAD can see how its done ;D
Hood
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »
I made one up for you ,with a rough and a finish and a 3/8 thread i think this will work for you . If there is a problem please let me know ,you better include a copy file of your post so the dummy's can see how it is supposed to be .
 I started with these guy's a few versions ago V21, i think they have made some great improvement's and then something like this come's along and i start cruising for different cad cam programs.
  I think we will have to give some serious thought in the coming month's to changing but the cost is so high for a decent program.

Thank's Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »
Forum has been crashing every time I have tried to reply, lets hope it stays up long enough this time ;D
I couldnt open your dxf properly so I have just attached one of my own with the code, its metric but really that shouldnt matter?
Hopefully it will help BobCAD get you a post.
I have also attached a couple of screenshots, one of the toolpath in Mach with your xml and also a pic of the toolpath in Dolphin.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »
Oh BTW the reason it shows the toolpath above centre in Dolphin is my lathe has front and rear turrets and I was using the rear as that is where my standard turning tools are :)
Hood
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 10:57:03 PM »
Thank's Hood ,i have also been experiencing the same problem, i hope that this  will resolve the issue with the post .
 Thanks for the screen shot's and the dxf files and code this was very kind of you and will not be forgotten by me.

Thank's Dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2011, 05:12:34 AM »
Heres hoping it ets things sorted for you :)

In Dolphin the standard Mach post was ok for a standard lathe but mine is a bit different and I made a lot of changes to the post processor. It looked quite daunting at first but once you got into it it was relatively easy to do. Not sure if the BOBCAD post processor editing would be as easy but may be worth having a look? Dolphin does have quite a good manual explaining the parameters and syntax used in its post processors so that helped, dont know if BobCAD has similar though.
Hood