Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:27:31 AM

Author Topic: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big  (Read 30121 times)

re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
I am just starting to use mach turn ,have used mill for years, problem when using outside post proc. i get this Tool radius index too big line 40 .   How ever there is no line 40, it seems to buck line N19 ,i am posting the g code please look it over and let me know what i am doing wrong ,so i can fix it .

Thank You Dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: re : Mach turn ,tool radius index too big
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
It is your G76 on line 19, reason it says line 40 I presume will be the macro does it longhand internally so there will be lots of lines as far as Mach is concerned.
The reason for your error is you are using words that Mach does not support in a G76. See screenshot for valid ones.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
Thank's for replying Hood ,i figured it would be you ,anyway i see a D word in there that is wrong . I have got a call into support for a change in the post . i am not sure what the (D) word is for . I will have to search out a known good post for( Boob) cad cam from someone in the mean time.

Thank's Dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
Also a U there, not sure what that is meant to be. Your amount of spring passes are quite high as well ;)

Not sure what BobCAD post processors are available but I did send them some code a few years back so they could see what the typical lathe code from Mach was like. I dont use BobCAD so not sure if it was ever used.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
What version of BobCAD are you using? I see there are post processors for MachTurn, are you using one of them?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
I just got off the phone with them they changed the (D) to a (H) and i am on my way to the shop to do a test run and see what we get . I am using the std Mach turn post there are only two Std. and Metric. Version 24 lathe . I will let you know what happens and if it works  ,is there somewhere to post it for other's so they can find it for there use?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 04:35:43 PM »
There is a post processor section of the forum for that :)

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »
Well that did not fix it,  still did the same thing , ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
can you post the new code? Last one had a F for the feed, should P for pitch, also had a U which I am not sure what its meant to be. As said the Q was 60 which seems a heck of a lot of spring passes, normally 1 or 2 would be sufficient.
I looked at the post processor page for BOBCAD and under CAM Ver2 there were a load of posts.
Hood