Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:44:14 AM

Author Topic: DSPMC/IP V2 using more inputs and outputs than defined in MACH3  (Read 7886 times)

DSPMC/IP V2 using more inputs and outputs than defined in MACH3
« on: December 25, 2011, 05:33:46 AM »
Hi all,

I am retrofitting old Shinx CNC with two tables and seven pneumatically controlled spindle motors. Each pneumatic cylinder has two sensors for detection of up and down state so that counts to 24 sensors on the machine plus limit switches, zero and MPG inputs.
I have used all of MACH3 inputs and now I need 12 more. I have break out board with rest of the inputs as DSPMC/IP supports 64 inputs

My question is how can I use rest of the DSPMC/IP inputs and outputs?

I looked at DSPMacro but don't know how to program it in DSPMC and couldn't find any info on that matter.

Wapayk
Re: DSPMC/IP V2 using more inputs and outputs than defined in MACH3
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
Hello waypayk:

Have a look at the Cubloc PLC boards, and using Modbus. www.cubloc.com The Modbus works through the Comm port.

I am using (2) USB > RS232 convertor cables on one computer that does not have a Comm port, and 1 Comm port plus 1 USB convertor cable on another back-up computer

I am using a "Cubase-32M board, and it has 16 inputs (24v), and 12 NPN transistor outputs. It has (6) analog inputs, which I am using for Feedrate over, Jog rate, and Rapid rate; plus a 20 key keypad. These I/O go through brains, which in turn activate OEM codes.

I have a bunch of panel pushbuttons on the inputs, which are using the Mach3 ports and pins, but with the ladder logic, many more outputs can be done, which in turn can send info back to Mach3.

The  -64M board has 32 inputs (24v), and 32 NPN transistor outputs.
The -40M board has 24 inputs (24v), and 16 relay outputs.
They also have relay boards, of banks of 4, and 8 relays that will plug into the above boards.

There is a "learning curve" to get it working, but the Modbus adds considerable power.

Lots of possibilities.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »
Thanks for reply, I have considerable knowledge on plc and modbus programing, but I bought dspmc with 64 inputs and 32 outputs just because it has so much functions and it eases retrofiting of any machine and now I can't use all inputs because there is no reference how to use it so I am asking someone who knows how to, to help me out.

So I need short guide how to upload dspmacro to dspmc/ip or how to extend number of inputs in macho3 so I can dedicate them to dspmc inputs.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »
Hello wapayk:

Have you looked at the Visual Basic "Tool change Macro" on the Vital Systems site? There are two files, M6start.m1s, and ToolChang-dspMacro.bas.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »
edit:

My mistake; I didn't realize you had seen Macro on first read.

I am sure Rufi can answer any questions how to implement same.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 12:27:44 AM »
we have mapped the 64 inputs to a range of User LEDs.   this feature is available in the newer plugin. will upload it in the next few days.   the release notes will have info on the LED numbers to use.

regards
Rufi

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 01:24:32 AM »
Thanks for info, looking forward for new plugin.
However now I am very interested in dspmacro implementation, as to my understanding it can add lots of powerful options for automation.
Can mr. Rufi give me some info or direct me to documentation on how to upload dspmacro written in basic to the dspmc.

Wapayk