Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:35:21 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 and DSPMC/IP V2 using inputs and outputs  (Read 2862 times)

Mach3 and DSPMC/IP V2 using inputs and outputs
« on: December 24, 2011, 10:00:55 AM »
Hi all,

I am retrofitting old Shinx CNC with two tables and seven pneumatically controlled spindle motors. Each pneumatic cylinder has two sensors for detection of up and down state so that counts to 24 sensors on the machine plus limit switches, zero and MPG inputs.
I have used all of MACH3 inputs and now I need 12 more. I have break out board with rest of the inputs as DSPMC/IP supports 64 inputs
My question is how can I use rest of the DSPMC/IP inputs and outputs for that matter?

Would be grateful  if some kind expert can help me.
Wapayk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 and DSPMC/IP V2 using inputs and outputs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
It may be possible to use a Brain or the Macropump to look at the inputs and do whatever you want. Dont know anything about the DSPMC however so not sure how its I/O are seen by Mach.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »
Thanks for reply,

I know how to use brain and macros, however I don't know how to interface inputs on DSPMC/IP that are not defined in ports and pins in MACH3 because all inputs in ports and pins are used and I have 24 more inputs on DSPMC.

regards
Wapayk

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »
Ok I was thinking it may interface in a similar manner to ModBUS but looks like it doesnt. May be best to ask on the DSPMC section as likely the problem has been encountered before.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 05:52:33 AM »
thanks Hood, I posted on DSPMC forum section, maybe guys from Vitalsystem can help me there.

Wapayk