Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:25:47 AM

Author Topic: UPGRADING MACH VERSION  (Read 3414 times)

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
UPGRADING MACH VERSION
« on: December 21, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »
Hi,
A couple of stupid questions, maybe that is why my search didn't came up with anything.

If I upgrade Mach Version will I lose all my setting, can I copy my MachMill.xml file from the older version to the newer version, in other words what should I do to avoid loosing my set up?
Thank you

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: UPGRADING MACH VERSION
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »
Best to save anything you have custom such as screensets, macros tooltable etc also your licence and your xml. This is not just for an upgrade, it is best to keep a copy of them at all times.
Doing the upgrade should be as simple as running the new one and letting it install to the same location. It should not overwrite your settings although it may overwrite any custom macros you have if the profile you are using is the default Mach3Mill, Mach3Turn etc.
If something does get corrupted during the install of the update then as you think its just a matter of dropping the xml etc back into the upgraded Mach3 folder.

Hood

Offline tipit

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Thank you for the info
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:09:36 PM »
Where do I find the files listed above?  I think I found the XML file, but I haven't been able to locate the license or the tool table files.

Thanks,

Scott

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 02:21:30 AM »
Licence is in the main Mach folder and is called Mach1Lic.dat
Tooltable and Offsets are in the macro folder of the profile you are using, so  something  like C:\Mach3\Macros\***** where the **** is the name of the profile you are using. The name of the tooltable is Tools3.dat and the offsets is Fixtures.dat

Hood
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:05:05 AM »
Thanks!