Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:12:26 PM

Author Topic: MDI Screen - Pressing X on Keyboard Jumps to DRO when typing on Input Line  (Read 2365 times)

I replaced an older controller computer with a new computer that has better hardware, faster processor, more HD space, etc. I installed a new copy of Mach3, and copied my profiles (.xml files) from the old computer to the new computer. All of my settings copied over just fine. I thought everything went off without a hitch, but then I tried to input a command into the MDI screen.

I can type on the input line, and characters DO appear, but when I press the "X", "Y", or "Z" key on my keyboard, it leaves the input line and jumps to the corresponding DRO. This must be some type of hotkey setting, but I can not find a way to turn it off.

So in other words, I click on the "input" line, I'll intend to type the following "G00 X-6.000" so when I start typing "G00 " and when I hit the "X" it jumps off the input line to the X DRO.

Can someone tell me how to fix?

Thanks in advance!
Re: MDI Screen - Pressing X on Keyboard Jumps to DRO when typing on Input Line
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »
Okay, case closed. My thanks to Ger21 from cnczone.com for mentioning the .set files.

To resolve the issue, I copied the 1024.set file from the old comp to the new comp. Now the input line seems to function correctly.

When I installed Mach3 on the new comp, I downloaded a copy from the Artsoft site. I wonder if something is different in the site download compared to the copy I originally used?