Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:50:36 PM

Author Topic: A Axis HELP  (Read 3320 times)

A Axis HELP
« on: December 19, 2011, 09:36:27 AM »
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my A-axis. It moves in a circular motion and a circle is 360 degrees. Everyone knows that except for my mach. It goes up to 14 and some decimals. Please help me out with this. It would be very much appreciated. I just want to know how to set it so i can see how many degrees its turning. Thanks Everyone!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: A Axis HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
Stepper or servo?
If stepper what microstepping is your drve, if servo whats the encoder count?
Is there gearing between motor and output?

If you attach your xml I will have a look at your config.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
To be honest, I don't know what it is. I don't know anything about gearing between motor and output. I can send you an xml but I don't know where to get it. All i know is that I have a reset button and a bunch of G-Codes that I just let run. Aside from that, I have no clue.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:33:05 AM »
Ok the xml is in the main Mach3 folder on your drive and it will have the name of the profile you are using. To see what profile look at the bottom right of the screen when in Mach then look in the Mach3 folder for a file with that name and a xml extension. You will likely need to copy it to your desktop and rename it so that the forum will accept, suggest you rename to avcasting.xml.  You can then use the additional options button on the reply page  to attach to the forum.

Do you have a link to the A axis you have?
Hood

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »
Hey, so im attaching the file. I don't know what a link is. I'm sorry.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »
If that is your xml you dont have an A axis enabled or any ports and pins set up for it, you will need to do that before you get any movement.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »
For some reason I have movement, I just don't have the movement in degrees. I don't know what ports and pins to activate it on. I have no clue what to do.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
That xml can not be the right one then. Do you have a link to any info on your machine and specifically your A axis?
Hood