Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:36 AM

Author Topic: Changing from Mach 2 to Mach 3  (Read 2909 times)

Changing from Mach 2 to Mach 3
« on: December 25, 2006, 09:00:29 PM »
I've just bought a lathemaster heavy mill with a Industrial hobbies CNC conversion. The mill is currently running Mach 2 and I would like to up grade it to Mach 3. The Mach 2 version is licensed. Do I need to purchase Mach 3? Also is there any clear instructions on this upgrade. I have very limited knowledge of what makes this thing tick right now since I didn't build it, thats one reason for the upgrade. All the training support is for Mach 3. I also need to create some Wizards to be able to run some parts that I make. Is there someone who after this upgrade will help me create some Wizards within Mach 3?  Thanks for any help..
Eric :)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Changing from Mach 2 to Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 09:25:07 PM »
Mach 3, Mach 2 licenses, they are one in the same. ;D You can load Mach 3 on the PC with Mach 2. The xml files can not transfer. :( You will need to manually input everything into Mach 3 the first go round. Open Mach 2 and write down, take screen shoots of all of your settings and then enter them into Mach 3. Once you have it the way you want it, back up your Mach 3 xml file and upgrading to newer versions is a snap. ;D I won't be much help on the wizards but some of the guys on here are really sharp at that stuff. There are quite a few wizards allready.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!