Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:35:38 AM

Author Topic: New Guy wondering why table display shows project off in space.  (Read 5371 times)

New Guy wondering why table display shows project off in space.
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
Hi,
I am another new guy, I have lurked for a bit and now the boss is riding my coat tails to get things setup properly.
The problem I am having so far seems to be two fold. One=the display of the project in the table display shows the project being in the -Y-X direction so far that it is completely off the work table. I was wondering if there is something to change that. two= I have a large CNC router that is 120"x55" total table size, workable size is only slightly smaller. I have been using lazycam as well as the NFD wizards to route letters, the current sign I am working on is 72" long and I need to be able to turn the sign 90* in the program so that it will cut the sign on the Y axis as apposed to the X axis. I can try to make this more clear to any one willing to help, Thak you for your time.

Grizz

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy wondering why table display shows project off in space.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 07:25:42 AM »
Post the dxf file you are using in lazycam.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 10:22:15 AM »
It is likely due to the part origin not being aligned to the origin in the CAD program. Try shifting the part to 0,0 in the cad and regenerate your nc file in LazyCAM. That's my best guess without being provided the dxf.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:59 AM »
Hi Guys,

I am experiencing similar problems, some of my dxf drawings will appear in LC but others are off somewhere in the great blue yonder..  The scale bar in LC usually gives a reading of something like 5094.68..  I can never find the drawing to work on it.   I use Autocad any suggestions / advice gratefully received.

Regards IDP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »
IDP,
Left cllick in the graphics area. Also try unchecking "As Drawn...." in SETUP>Loading Options.
Post the DXF file.

RICH