Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:48:23 PM

Author Topic: X axis is not working  (Read 3066 times)

X axis is not working
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:43:23 PM »
I was cutting a two d file just simple flat letters on .o40 aluminium and in the middle of the file the x axis stop working.  Have rebooy the software and the the computer and x axis is still not working.  Y and z are fine.  Also the jog rate is the same speed.  It is stuck in the fast position as if I am pressing down the shift key when moving any y or z.  Thanks for the help.  I am using Cut 2d as my g code generater.

Neil  Feel free to call 720-949-0829.

Also looking for a router experrt in the Denver area to do some training in our shop for a day.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: X axis is not working
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »
Axis not moving sounds like a drive/bob or wiring issue.
If you attach your xml I will have a look and see if I can replicate the fast jog issue as I cant think what that would be.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
Hood

Thanks for the reply.  ist what is the xml?  The cable from the computer is the same one we have always used and sorry for my ignorance.  I had to recover my computer and here is the new post I put up.

I had to do a recovery on my computer because i had a blue screen of deaf.  I did the recovery now my computer does not talk to the router.  I am believing that the port is not set to communicate to the router.  Sorry if this is a simple thing but we had Chad Busey from Denver (Great guy) set this up but cant get a hold of him anymore.  Hope you can help get us up and running.  The program opens up great we just can't communicate to the router.

Thanks in advance

Neil 720-949-0829

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:42 AM »
The xml is the file that holds all your config settings.
It is located in the main Mach3 folder and will have the name of the profile you are using so if you open Mach you will see at the lower left of the main page the name of the profile. Look in the Mach3 folder for a file with that name and a xml extension, copy it to your desktop and rename the copy to EasyChannel.xml and then use the additional options button on the reply page to attach the renamed fille.
Hood

Offline cdis

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
Here you go.  The problem I am having now is i can not communicate to the router at all.  I cant even do a Driver test.  Thanks Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 09:22:52 AM »
The xml seems fine here and its jogging correctly.
Do you have the correct port address set? The one in your config is the normal one if using the onboard parallel port, if you have a PCI card it will be different so you will need to check in device manager if that is the case.
Hood