Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:08:51 AM

Author Topic: Windows 7 and Galil  (Read 4588 times)

Windows 7 and Galil
« on: December 13, 2011, 11:59:09 AM »
Having trouble getting a DMC2030 to work correctly with Windows 7. I have a USB and serial port on the DMC but can only connect with the serial. When I do connect with serial when I try to do a BGX command I get an error "TC5" saying the input buffer is full. I can read encoder position and poll other info, but cannot make any moves. I have seen a command running "QR" so something must be happening from this to fill the buffer. This controller used to be hooked up to an XP machine thru USB with Mach 3 and all worked very well. I'm sure the controller is good unless Win 7 has done something. I wonder if Mach has any residual commands running on the galil that don't show up? I seem to have no program on the controller but with the buffer full when I do "LI" to list threads I get the TC5 buffer full message again. I guess I will go back to XP and see what happens. Galil says it may be a USB driver issue with Win 7 but does that explain the serial message about the buffer?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks, Allen

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 and Galil
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
I have never had success with the 2030 running serial communications. I would check device manager to see if the USB is recognised and troubleshoot that area first.
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
Win 7 does recognize USB. I tried updating the driver and it said I have the most up to date one now.

Offline kcrouch

•  193 193
  • In way too deep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
Does the USB indicate that it is the Galil USB port?
Having way too much fun! Something must surely be wrong.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »
IIRC Galil usb is not supported under win 7.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:57 AM »
I went back to Windows XP to run my 2030 and USB now works fine. The serial connection still gives me the input buffer full message. I'm happy again now.
Thanks for your help.