Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:12:59 PM

Author Topic: bench testing the parallel port and pins -questions and issues  (Read 9036 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: bench testing the parallel port and pins -questions and issues
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »
Ok downloaded the JSR1 xml and although you dont have any ports and pins assigned for things such as axis it works fine here. What I mean by that is when I open it I can not reszet until I change the active state of the E-Stop input to Active Low as I dont have an E-Stop connected to that pin. There is obviously something weird going on with your computers, maybe you have some port monitoring software installed?
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 06:18:08 AM »
Been thinking about this and I am wondering if you have the parallel port driver nstalled and you have it chosen when you start Mach?
If you dont then that would likely be the reason you can reset no matter the state of the E=Stop input. To see if the driver is working have a look on the Diagnostics page when in Mach and see if there is a frequency and Time in Int, I am guessing there is not.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »
Hood Said: "see if there is a frequency and Time in Int, I am guessing there is not."

I dont undesrstand what you mean here. Please explain? Thanks!

R.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 03:00:31 AM »
Open Mach as usual then look on the diagnostics page and see if there is a frequency displayed or see if it says simulated. If its simulated then it means you are not using the Mach driver and that would likely cause the problems you are seeing. To use the Mach driver go to Function Configs menu and choose Reset Device Select and then restart Mach, you will get a box pop up asking if you want to use the Parallel Port, choose it and things will hopefully start working. If you dont get that option then its likely the driver is not installed, to install go to Mach3 folder (with Mach itself closed) and double click the drivertest.exe and let it run, that will install the driver.
Hood