Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:53:40 AM

Author Topic: So. Cal. G-code teacher needed  (Read 2162 times)

So. Cal. G-code teacher needed
« on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
I joined because I just bought a K2 with and it has this software with it. Appears to be 5.0 ? Hope it's good enough for what I want to do first. Which is to engrave some custom valve covers. My name is Bruce Fulper and if you type me name in to YouTube you'll see me winning my NHRA Super Stock Class at Indy in 2004. On the way home a 18 wheeler truck driver fell asleep coming down a hill behind me, hit me wide open at the bottom of the hill and destroyed everything. So yes, I'm lucky to be here and I've worked hard to keep the shop doors open. Slow, but so far so good.

I live by Riverside, Ca. and am looking for someone to teach me G-code. I've spent my whole life in machine shops. My Dad had one until he passed away in 1981. I've been a mechanical nuclear inspector so I will be a quick study.

If anyone can help me get this machine making chips I'll gladly donate to your Christmas fund. Just not $1000 a day like K2 wants. ( ! ) The computer also has Virtual Gibbs on it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. PM for phone.

Thanks!

Bruce
Re: So. Cal. G-code teacher needed
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
TTT.

Any ideas, thoughts, comments or help.

thanks,
Bruce

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 05:22:20 AM »
Just a thought for you. Since you're already very knowledgeable about machining, I highly recommend Peter Smids GCode books as they're excellent and very comprehensive.

There's also a wealth of information for free on the web these days so jsut dive in  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
Appreciate the book tip. I just want to speed up the learning curve. There's nothing like having a good teacher in the room.
thanks!