Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:29:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Setup Question and Estop  (Read 5323 times)

Mach3 Setup Question and Estop
« on: December 24, 2006, 10:58:01 AM »
I've been a user of Mach2 for well over a year and decided to upgrade to Mach3.  I have Mach2 and Mach3 on the same computer.

I have spent hours and hours reading this forum and trying different setups but cannot get Mach3 to do anything.  First I had the Estop problem but changed that to Active Low so now I can control the software on my screen but the motors won't turn.

I've gone through the Motor Tuning and Ports Pins connections several times making sure my Mach2 and Mach3 port pins configs are the same. 

Also, I managed to setup something so when I push a hot key it will only step 0.010" per push.  Any idea what I did here?

I am using a Xylotex 3 axis board which is about 6 months old.  My computer is a Dell  using XP at 2.4 ghz.

Anyone have any ideas??  I'm certain my motors ports pins are correct.  I wonder if the Estop is what's the problem but it appears to work on my computer screen.

Hood

Re: Mach3 Setup Question and Estop
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »
Can you post your xml file for your Mach 3 setup, that way we can load it and check out your settings. You will find it in the Mach folder and it will be Mach3Mill.xml if you are using the standard mill profile.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Setup Question and Estop
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 11:43:13 AM »
Hey,
    Can you post your XML set up file here? What rev. Mach 3 are you running? 2.0.029?
On the .010 step per key stroke, press your tab key and the mpg will come up. Click on the jog mode button. See pic.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!