Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 08:22:47 AM

Author Topic: problem immediately after REF ALL HOME  (Read 8000 times)

Re: problem immediately after REF ALL HOME
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
thought for sure I fixed it today...but then it started doin it again

on the upside though, I do think I've realized when and why it changes what point it goes to once its done referencing - it seems to go back to the point it was at when the Reset button is first pressed...I don't see why I hadn't noticed this pattern before, and wonder if this is what happened every time, but that seemed to be the case for all of today

so, the main thing I'd like to know now, is how to make it stop changing what point it goes to after referencing

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:47 AM »
First thing I see is you are using a screenset from ezrouter, this could contain some script that does other than the normal homing routine. If you go to Operator menu then Edit Button Scripts you should see the RefAll button flashing, click it and see what the script in it says.

Other thing I see is you do not have Auto Zero chosen for the homing (config, Homing and Limits) that will mean when you home the machine zero will not be set to zero, that may be your issue.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
thought I had already posted again, but I guess not

Auto Zero solved it instantly! THANK you so much! it is now acting normally
every day, I wanted more and more to take a sledgehammer to it, lol (emphasis on want to - I never would have of course)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:52 PM »
Good to hear :)
And yes been there with the sledgehammer thoughts, in fact today was one of these days when I was trying to do a circuit for a BOB, couldnt edit the bloody ground plane without it giving me errors, screen was close to getting thrown out the window :D
Hood