Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 08:18:31 AM

Author Topic: HELP, mach throws up random ESTOP mid program. Gecko G540  (Read 9491 times)

HELP, mach throws up random ESTOP mid program. Gecko G540
« on: December 04, 2011, 10:48:01 AM »
Newly built machine running gecko G540. Got all the motors running and tuned in etc. When I run a program or sometimes when jogging around it throws up an external estop, it doesnt happen in the same place. I have tried:

swapping the axis over
disabling the limits
removing all the motors from the gecko (still does it when running through a program)
messed with the debounce
checked all the wiring and connections
disconnected the spindle so it cant be that

All the motors are grounded, shielded, have resistors on.

Any suggestions on what this could be? I have been troubleshooting it for hours and hours with no joy. Could it be a faulty gecko?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: HELP, mach throws up random ESTOP mid program. Gecko G540
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »
 E-Stop wiring properly shielded and grounded?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »
no the estop isnt shielded, its definately grounded. Is there a way I can disconnect the estop to eliminate that? It seems like the gecko and/or mach wont run without it. When I disable it in mach it just pops back up ticked again.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:24:14 AM »
yes just change the active state.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 01:06:31 PM »
I have disconnected the actual e-stops (2 of them) and jumpered the gecko pins 10 and 12 to bypass the estops. It still throws up an imaginary estop!

limits are disconnected aswell so both the limits and estop can be discounted.

Any ideas?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 01:12:48 PM »
Can you attach your xml, may be a config issue.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 01:26:34 PM »
Just been playing with it a bit more and the strangest thing is happening.

If I plug the X and Z cables into the gecko, (setup as before with estops and limits disabled) I get a green light and can move them about. If I plug Y and A in (slaved axis) then it goes to red light and wont run. However if I plug just the Y in then it works and likewise if I plug just the A in it works but not together. I have unslaved them in the software but when they are both plugged in the gecko wont run!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
ok have you tried plugging these axis in to the others, eg a into x and y into z. That will let you know if the issue is on the plug side of the wiring.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
Hi, Yes ive tried plugging them in all the differernt axis in multiple combinations and it seems to have the same problem. There is nothing consistent about the way its happening which I can definately say its related to one thing or another. It throws an estop up whether I have X or Y plugged in, all four plugged in or none plugged in. The only thing I can think of is a faulty gecko but its new so I am not sure. Once it does throw an estop up to reset it I have to push the physical e-stop on the machine in and then twist and pull out and it resets.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 06:18:55 AM »
Geckos stuff is usually pretty good but there is always a chance there is a problem. Gecko are pretty good with things like that so may be worth contacting them and see what they suggest.
Hood