Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:44:04 PM

Author Topic: Normal condition ? and a few other questions  (Read 5002 times)

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
Normal condition ? and a few other questions
« on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »
I just turned on my machine and it flashes normal/abnormal condition, if I click on the box it says " g90/g91 state axis are not referred to as normal" everything looks good.
As I'm here, I have a few other questions. I am still putting Mach through it's paces and was wondering if the Mach wizard for text works, I can't get much to happen, it posts about 10 lines of info with some go2/3s with no values.
First, I do understand abs/inc and g54/59 work offsets, so after sending the machine home I can zero my xyz and if I clear my work offsets I don't get zero on my abs, screen, It always shows X .0008" & Y .001" If I go back to my work offsets that value is in the g54.
I take it out so the current work offset read zero, then It puts the values into the inc/rel screen, so i zero the xyz, then it puts the values back into the work offsets and so on and on and on....
Ray.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Normal condition ? and a few other questions
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:46:09 PM »
Abnormal condition is just telling you that it needs referenced. To me its a PITA that button and I dont have it on my screens. It just flashes to warn you that something is not in the normal state you run things, suppose that could be a good thing on occasions but most of the time its stating the obvious and gets people worried.

The write wizard works fine for me, looks like you may not have chosen some of the parameters such as font or direction, once you have all your text entered then pressing the write button will take you back to Mach with the code there.

Not really sure what you are meaning regards the offsets, sorry :(
Hood

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 11:58:15 PM »
I know the dro screen not being able to zero is a tough one to explain, but matter what I do I can't zero the screen, it always shows .0007" and .001" got me baffled.
Ray.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 05:47:52 AM »
Maybe you're misunderstanding how the DRO's are interrelated? Just to clarify, the G54 work offset will never be zero unless the work origin is the same as the machine home. It is expected for it to change when you zero your work offsets. G54 holds the offset from machine home to your work origin.

What is curious is that the method you are describing should set everything to zero. Verify that the on the Offsets page that the Machine Coordinates LED is flashing and that it reads 0,0,0 after homing. Now set G54 work offset to 0,0,0. Now click the Machine Coordinates button (the one that should now be flashing) and it will give you your current work coordinate. This should read 0,0,0 without having to change anything.

Verify that under homing/limits in the config menu, you should have auto-zero checked fr each axis, correct?

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
I do understand work g54/9, as I said zero in g54 but still has .0007" and .001" in the abs screen, I bet it's in this bloody DSPMC motion board from vital systems.
Ray.

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 07:20:29 PM »
Now I know why the Normal/Abnormal screen is flashing. While testing some of the wizards, some of the guys used Absolute for the I&J and not Inc, the system was telling that, cool.
Managed to get the text to work, didn't select the the start angle...
ray.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:36 AM »
I do understand work g54/9, as I said zero in g54 but still has .0007" and .001" in the abs screen, I bet it's in this bloody DSPMC motion board from vital systems.
Ray.

Unless the motion controller has encoders connected that are providing feedback, this would not be possible. Generally external motion controllers are just slaves that do what Mach3 tells them to do.

Are you absolutely sure that when you home the machine, that the machine coordinates are actually being reset to 0? With Machine coordinates of 0, and work coordinates of 0, then G54 must also be 0. I'm not sure how anything else would be possible - not saying you're not right, I just can't figure out how Mach3 could justify that internally - there is only one correct answer in math! 0 + 0 = 0.

Check under Homing/Limits and verify that G28 is also set to 0,0,0. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 06:50:16 AM »
Now I know why the Normal/Abnormal screen is flashing. While testing some of the wizards, some of the guys used Absolute for the I&J and not Inc, the system was telling that, cool.
 didn't select the the start angle...
ray.

Thats why I say it is important to have all settings in the first line or lines of your code, then it doesnt matter what has been previously set by a user ;)

Hood

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
I send the machine home and I can zero the rel/inc screen  but the work co, screen shows the .0007" and .001" which is fine because then I look into the offset screen and see g54 .0007" .001"  make them zero and it puts that value in the rel/incr screen, make that zero and it puts in back into the g54s and the and work co, screen still shows .0007" and .001"
I give up with that one.

Offline cfell

•  27 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
Mach3 Turn:  Where do the program extents parameters come from?  When running Mach on a detached computer "control offline" my extents make sense with the G-code and I have a large toolpath image.  When on-line with cutter at 0,0 I get outrageous numbers and a extremely small toolpath image.  Referencing the axis does not seem to help.
Thanks,
 Charlie