Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:16:07 AM

Author Topic: It's ok to call it Christmas !  (Read 3664 times)

ynneb

It's ok to call it Christmas !
« on: December 24, 2006, 02:35:13 AM »
I have noticed a lot of people use the term Xmas instead of Christmas.
While many will know I am a believer in Jesus and his birth on Christmas day, or there abouts. ( Not looking for a theological debate)
The whole existence of this time is about the birth of Christ. You don't need to be a believer to know that this is why we have this time of year.
Therefore please don't feel the need to diminish the occasion by making it something other than it really is.

Some may think it is been politically correct by calling it Xmas. I think the political correctness pendulum has swung too far at times. Lets call a spade a spade, and if thats what its called lets call it that.

Thanks to every one who has contributed to this forum over the last year. I was hoping we could hit the big 2000 members by Christmas day, we are just a few short. If it wasn't for you lot, and your willingness to take time to help others here, we wouldn't have such a great community of members.

Merry Christmas people, and a great new year of CNCing.

Warm regards

Benny

Amnz

Re: It's ok to call it Christmas !
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 06:34:16 AM »
Same to YOU Benny,...
  Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

John (Bloy)
  P.S.  I've been noticing lately... you have NO machine now?  You sold BOTH of your machines?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 09:56:38 AM »
Very good Benny. I couldn't agree more.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 11:37:55 AM »
Benny,
Same here.  I am new to this forum but wanted to wish everyione here and to your families a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR
Sorin Nenu - Cad Cam trainer
www.cadcamtrainer.com