Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:07:28 AM

Author Topic: X-Axis rotation  (Read 3899 times)

Offline tomi

•  11 11
    • View Profile
X-Axis rotation
« on: December 01, 2011, 02:22:47 AM »
Hi! stupid guy with stupid question ;)

I didn't find clear answer for that. Check the picture below, is X rotation posible with A axis. Arrow is "Tool" and xy-plane is rotated around x.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: X-Axis rotation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »
I probably don't understand your question but I regularly use a rotary (A) Axis mounted to rotate either the X Axis or the Y Axis depending on the raster scan of the work (left to right or top to bottom of the image).

Perhaps you need to provide more details of what you need to achieve.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline ASC

•  59 59
    • View Profile
    • Automation Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
Mechanically possible, but I don't know how you would CAM anything for it without a custom post processor.  Having a rotary A axis attached to the X is more common, or compounded to the Z. 

Mr. Creosote
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
i dont know if you can actually do that in the way your describing. 

I think your trying to make it harder then it needs to be.

If you mounted a rotary table on the end of the X axis (like was mentioned above)  It is still another axis (a) rotation along the X axis.  Even if you mounded your X axis table to the rotary face it will still be another axis all together.  You can even do this with the Y axis.  Rotate your stock around the Y axis and X axis.  That would end up being a 5 axis machine needing a custom most processor for your cam software.

Think of it this way.  Z Y X are fixed (standard coordinate system).  Anything added to them will be another axis designation.

Offline tomi

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
Yeah, I could think that way. Old machine rotates tool not a table and tool rotation use B-axis.  When I drive example B-axis to 3 degrees angle and after that drive Y-axis also Z-axis should change.

Example:
Start machine coords
B45 X0 Y0 Z0

Drive
G1 Y14.14

Machine coords after
B45 X0 Y10 Z10

I need same kind of functionality than Local System Rotated whit XY -plane.

Thank's answers any way.

Offline tomi

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 02:46:46 AM »
I get this work with formulas ( z+((b*0.0173)*y) ) but there is still problem. When changing offset (G54 => G55) machine "jumps" when it try run in new Z-position. Could I activate and deactive enable formulas some way in VB-script or Brains?

Offline tomi

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 04:05:28 AM »
Answering my self...  :o

Just check Formulas Enabled and then use VB-script function SetFormula.

SetFormula( "z", 0)

or

SetFormula( "z+((b*0.0173)*y)", 2 )

If used some coordinate transformation eq. G54 => G55 or G92 in this case just run Y to zero before change.