Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:17:07 PM

Author Topic: Theroretical CNC Mill Design  (Read 9119 times)

businesdesigner

Theroretical CNC Mill Design
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:32:08 PM »
I've been new comer to the machining and CNC category. I've mastered every aspects except this field. Try it out someone said to fully rounded make good products. My new fabricated Metal Product Mfg. number is 2011013588 in Gwin. Co. Georgia. I.Q. is very, very high and pick up new trade so fast the real trade secret types even on my own. Previous scientific and technical background understanding is very high down to fundamental physics principles. Mill designs must be categorized as much more difficult than say automotive engineering. Eventhough the fact that even a regular mini mill with less components, it seems very hard to design and fabricate as witnessed by whats on the market. The higher the cost the more industrial substantivity and less requirement for modifications. Mini mills at a certain level are good. Many easy to maintain mini mills at a corporate level can output GNP more and maybe the fix cost lower for higher net profit. That kind of mill would be like a Tormach or Smitty mill types and or Sieg X3 X4. Numerous number can out resource competition and teams may be working on such projects. Mills in my opinion are hard to design. Very fine tolerances are required. Very perfect whether by experience design outcome much achieved. Automotive engine requires only net horse power, weight factor, and vibration control. The engine is quite off on requirement for "0" accuracy but just to run good meet previous criteria. Mills must output perfect and thus must be made perfect. Compounded error occurs by using poor design mill part for a new built mill. First off the base slider mechanism must be a good profile design. Mini mill dovetails though look plane is high quality function. The angulation and the correct exact amount of dovetail cut is purposeful for no movement, no lift, rigidity, and not too much friction. Good trade off. Must design a unit which can be practically accurately machined out. Correct unorthodox than norm, multitude of little things, and different and many force stress must be exactly addressed. NO ROOM.  I feel mill design can be drastically improve and different. Motor management is also required for smooth cutting. Mini mill cut good if you know how to use it. The good motor with the mill motor controller is a gift to the pubic. Potential high for good cuts puts good horse power anyway. The Harbor and Grizzly uses as an X2 seige series a PWM-pulse wavelength modulation way. Though I think not like the  LMS hi torque 3900 which I think uses brushless step pulsing as a siege custom SX2 series.-better variable control looks like, a key to good smooth cuts. The controller will shave off irrational force stats to reduce cut errors like an air spring. It gradientcy helps that work while many don't. The  interactive error forces must be limited. Little mis alignment may be quite error. The lighter the unit and more rely on cinching gibb, the more smarter and accurate design required due to high even on a mini mill vibration torquing forces and variability along cut path. Old problem first-how to keep Z stock dead stable for superior cuts. Big VMC 5+ CNC moves fast to cut time and it still slides. Inertia momentum for big machines works good. Most all bad cuts happens fast and can be subtle movement vibrations. There are some Big cnc slider designs I like on the market. It looks like it will perform good long as correct ratio of surface area and angulation-fine line. >001 is very small and your machine should not displace that much. Hope you like it in opinion for now.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Theroretical CNC Mill Design
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 03:15:47 AM »
Is there a point to all this ??

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:56 AM »
I.Q. is very, very high

Watching very, VERY, closely  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:01:57 AM »
buisnessdesigner,
What is IQ?
RICH

businesdesigner

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:20:21 PM »
I.Q. genius. Point is since I got into CNC and milling I noticed thant a lot of people are interested in machining for money. A way to fabricate thing in metal with regular means  mean long term grounding. I noticed many brighter types are tryping to design mill but does not come out right. Any machist should try to make a better mill the way they like it and cuts better. Machining can be small to big business to automate make products. Tweakie the point is little thing have to consider in mill design due to cutting hard like engine block metal with a bit. More engineering attentiveness required. I feel the info is correct thougn. A won't work simple as a perfect machined slider and will not perform good. A tip note if anyone trys to adjust or make mill on related is requires close attention to many variable design to come out right.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »
Actually it means "Intelligence quotient".

Forgive me for my next question, as it's hopefully right to the point, but are all these posts you're giving us leading up to some sort of sales pitch?

Thanks, and forgive my directness.
Dave

Dave->    ;)

businesdesigner

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:28:22 PM »
Negative. My business plans are intended for engineering will be going direct to companies indisclosed. May be selling hardware one off to show skill. Probe design will give free a derivative of some of the other except the full housing design. I usually post end resulted that had metal fucntion works and tested. I figure tangent info interesting on difficulty of mill design or else would be reflexive on the market and tube. Business plans intially will not be in the mill or CNC fields. I have in mind a must have corporate innovations than limited commuinty product. My newly designed CNC conversion unit will be patent solely so I can show curious onlooker functioning and cutting. Looks superior and solid. Another person's attempt a an achieved CNC conversion uint. I will not be making plans to push sale of the conversion uint but people will be able to see it without a cover. It is beautiful. I am making a bayonette for a person for several hundred dollar with an high order stainless steel in part using the CNC machine with CNC engravings. My plans on this forum is an intro post to start, upload good cutting gcodes, pics, may help for someone who have problems and worked for me. Usually on forum after the start I won't have time after to contiuously check and post-just once in a while.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »
Ok, fair enough, I look forward to seeing more of your posts-

Thanks,
Dave

Dave->    ;)

businesdesigner

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
Thanks DAVE, Please give guidline if you wish. I am free to a bide accordingly.

andrewm

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
I.Q. is very, very high

Watching very, VERY, closely  ;D

Nice Spelling a Grammar ;D
:p

lol, anyways. I'd like to see some pictures of the Bayonet you are making!