Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 09:31:23 AM

Author Topic: Upgrading From Mach2 to Mach3  (Read 2928 times)

Upgrading From Mach2 to Mach3
« on: December 23, 2006, 10:00:28 AM »
Hey all, I have a CNC in one of my production departments that is used for daily production of foam parts for a major customer. It works nicely and uses the Mach2 UI.

I would like to upgrade the UI to Mach3, but I'm afraid of breaking the machine and knocking it out of production. That would be an expensive mistake. Is there a step by step guide for upgrading from 2 to 3 that covers all the pitfalls including what settings I'll need to transfer over to Mach3 and where to enter them?

My manager really wants me to upgrade to a newer UI, but I do believe he'd have my head bronzed if I took this machine down for more than a weekend. Help?

Thanks in advance.

Amnz

Re: Upgrading From Mach2 to Mach3
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
Hi Detroiter,
  I believe you can just install Mach3 into your computer.  One or the other(Mach2 or Mach3) can be run, but not both.
While you continue to use Mach2, you can begin to configure your Mach3 and test in between jobs.
When you need the machine to run parts, you just use your Mach2 configuration/profile.   
As you get Mach3 set up the way it satisfies you, you can begin to run the machine from Mach3.
You should be able to make a smooth transition.

John (Bloy)