Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:58:38 PM

Author Topic: New project: Sound sure working fast implement CAM Software using VB  (Read 3142 times)

businesdesigner

After the completion of my new CNC conversion unit for my LMS 3900 Hi Torque with all of the necessary testing completed, I found the only task at hand is the requirement of a CAM gcode post processor. Judging by advertisement videos the big 3d parasolid CAM software are very good and proficient at the correct layering and custom toolpaths. They are very expensive. Looking at the nominally price software, they can do the job with some limits on custom 3d contouring etc. I am very proficient in reading gcode and correlating to graphical toolpaths. The nominally priced software are very affordable, but they are too easy to match by custom programming using Visual Basics. The requirement of importance for choosing or making yourself a CAM program is as would just like a professional hand machining job who can turn out perfect accurate finished parts in terms of gcode towpath that match the path, feedrate, and spindle rpm. Layering step down customization as well as feedrate customization is important as well as to implement with most required CAD dxf or similar graphics files. Mach 3 wizard are superior but only alllow for certain operations. They are very easy and sound working as evidence by the turned superior turned out parts. For custom shaped parts one would require a 3D CAM program with vector graphic import and post processor capability. My new project entails for now a field based with Win 7 forms style the ability to take basic lazycam converted gcode and make multiple step down layer with variable feedrate with field ranges and static graphical representation in CAD form. It's a very simple and small program. Due to the immense amount of gcode lines this program will be designed to Cartesian axis coordinate plug in and repetition additional lines reliably to be uploaded to MACH 3 for checking and trial run on test composite and end mill. I would like to program this software for real life toolpaths that produce a highest quality part without excessive preparation. It is a extension in function of wizards type . After analyzing VB capabilities, it looks a though the program can be simply framework and built without complexity. I decided to stick with VB and VC++. This program should handle all my CNC machining needs. Uncertain how long it will take but it should be soon.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New project: Sound sure working fast implement CAM Software using VB
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:59:41 AM »
Looking forward to reading of your results.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:16:31 AM »
My company is always willing to test new ideas and methods. We use routers, lathes and mills. When you have a beta I would be happy to help with testing.

Keep us updated!

Chris

businesdesigner

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:30 AM »
[/img]Thank you. I was new to CNC and milling in general, however, I have high degree of intelligence and speed problem solving. Practically all aspects of machining was fathomed out including CNC software usage and concept in the principles of CNC techniques. It seems I am left with the sound working stream lined techniques. Right now my CNC conversion kit was completely engineering and machined myself. It is new and innovations. I will be provisional patenting it soon with a Patenting software I own and would like to share it's function and high degree of high tech designs looks including new headstock vibration control and flexion unit. I must say it is highly accurate even with very deep 1018c gcode cuts to test maintenance of accuracy and cut marks. It performs well on acid hard steel tests-true test. All I truly need is a CAM program. I'm organizing on a thesis approach to structure the build of the program and researching the proper controls and script that will do the job in the small code amount and build framework as much as possible. I will be glad to make it available to the public as well as office demonstration of my new CNC machine. Please stay tuned because this type of program actually simpler can do the job as the biggest. It is one of those keep it simple and works soundly better by an seasoned expert one. I have as a partial necessity machined using CNC codes and jogging special cuts a CNC prep ca librater for very fast check on all axis routinely for data. Below is picture. It is rigid and quick XYZ movement maker. Mono piece type unit. If you would like to make one I can give step by step instructions. It's easy to machine. In addition how to tune your Siege series mini mill perfectly with the fully understanding reasoning why base on the engineered designs of the machine. No CNC is good unless the machine in itself is tune perfect. Free very good info to share. My work beautifully accurate with show quality accurate parts. How principle of perfect accurate and surface finish cut parts. There's more physics involved than people think except the true expert. Usually pass on statical info like end mill diameter and speed without the complete understanding why works better- like even some feed pressure and full step over on hard metal for good final cut for vibration stability. Un figure types. Machining always deal with fineline mistakes and must smartly accurate address due to hard metal and hit vibrations causing excessive instability rings. Will be uploading some functional gcodes soon.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,199 9,199
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
I have high degree of intelligence and speed problem solving.

Looks like you joined the right forum buddy, all the members here have a high degree of intelligence and speed problem solving, I think you will fit in well.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

businesdesigner

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
Thanks Tweakie. I have a habit of quickly posting type usually without rehearsal and on the fly usually. This educated populated forum I will make much greater effort to double check manual style. I have to say on this site I have grown to appreciate the MACH 3 software and regard highly it's function and performance. It's dead accurate and easy to use and understand all of it's function once utilize more often. I have reaccessed the config. on the program and is now cutting very accurate circles. Once reconfigured properly it makes a dramatic differenc in the shape of the circle. I will be glad to share screenshot config. settings that works for me. I have grown to understand with usuage the logic's behind the program. Evidently I speculate the MACH 3 program sends not only step pulse signals but also and ambient voltage charge in addition to the steppers via controller board as evidence by the acceleration and velocity tuning. Looks like a maintenance high pressure electromagnetic phase changing field along with step driving pulses. A highly stable field where as a definitive pulse will exacting drive a micro distance and proportioned and re calibrated via MACH 3 controller. A field platform where perfect accurate and perfect repeatable rotational is mediated by the numbers of step pulses as a sound sure means instead of some form of gradiantcy modulation. Simple and sure and high order problem solving on in herint micro accuracy problem. First off MACH 3 is dead accurate and inaction the functional frameworkings of the program is highly simply user friendly with all criteria of functionality designed in covers all requirements for full rounded no loop hole operation. I tend to wonder if the biggest CNC corporation may use or a derivative form due to its good performance. I finished my new prototype probe down to perfect contact function and is deciding on 2 ways about it. The youtube fellow utilizes a delrin circuit breaker from the machine for a contact circuit probe. I may try with non compressive poly carbonate or I may use a new form of housing design but it require trial experimentation. Contact circuit probes highly accurate. When finished, put up design on post. Can send pictures as it stands. Red LED with Beeper running on 5vdc lithium ion temporally til connected to toshiba controller and ports and pined. Download all MACH VB scripting requirements I think once before. I think on this panel some of my info may be collaborative useful due to measured end result work function. The program I making is a CD or downloadable stand alone installshield program.