Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:38:33 PM

Author Topic: Saving Softlimits  (Read 2554 times)

Saving Softlimits
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:19:17 AM »
Hello Mach 3 Community,

I am running Mach 3 to operate a 3 axis hot wire cutter, and have noticed that on resetting Mach 3 the default softlimits always revert back to their default value. As the machine is dedicated to its global dimensions, I would like to be able to set values for the softlimits other than the defaults.
I have tried several different methods of saving, and modifying code in the profile files, however the values still always reset to default ie. 100 and -100.
Do i need to write a macro to overcome this issue, and if so how do i go about achieving this?
Any help would be greatly appriciated!
Thank-you :)

Neyland

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Saving Softlimits
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:15:23 AM »
That should not happen, they should be saved. Check that your xml is not set read only. If thats not the problem please attach your xml and I will have a look and see if I can replicate here and possibly find the problem.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 12:25:49 AM »
Thank-you for the reply Hood.

I have check to see if the xml's are read only and they're not.
To be clear, i have tried config>homing/limits (changed limits)>save settings
Upon exiting Mach3 and returning the limits are reset to 100 and -100.
I also tried modifying the xml in notepad. I am able to save the new limit values, however when i start Mach3, again they are reset back to 100 and -100.
I have attached my current xml file.
If you could have a look, i would really appriciate it.

Cheers mate!
Neyland

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:07:21 AM »
Ok seems you are using the DSPMC. I chose to use the PP and also the SS  when  opening your profile in Mach, changed the Soft Limits and closed Mach and when opening again the softlimits had saved. So looks like its the DSPMC that could be the issue, best bet is to contact them and see if they can sort it for you.
Hood