Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:52:15 PM

Author Topic: Cnc machine moves really slow  (Read 7812 times)

Cnc machine moves really slow
« on: November 23, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
Hi guys, do any of you know how to speed up the cutting. Mine take 45 min to cut a small simple part. I've tried cranking up the feed rate on the interface. Still super slow. I've tried cranking the velocity accel. rate too they move real fast but when I cut the part it goes slow. Is there another setting that I'm missing or could it be how the part is generated in the cam program. Also would a different lead screw help i have just a standard threaded rod as a lead screw. Thanks to all.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:34:00 PM by Spencer m »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Cnc machine moves really slow
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
THe cutting feedrate is controlled via the Gcode  F100 would be 100 units per minute.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:32:41 AM »
Hi have you tuned your motors, they are done in Mach3 config pull down file under motor tuning. as you push the sliders up and down you increase the speed of travel and the acceleration rate.  Note the scales change on the vertical side of the graph increasing or decreasing you axis speed. Jim
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »
Sorry re read your post and it appears you have already done the motor tuning. One other possiblity happened to me when I transfered computers on my CNC machine, I accidentally set the master units to inches and then programed the component in mm. Still don't understand what happened but when I re installed Mach 3 and reset the master units to mm, it solved the problem. Jim
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »
Are you cutting in Exact Stop mode?  Make sure CV (Constant Velocity) mode is selected.

Regards,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:12:50 PM »
Thank you John that worked I also had to change to mm I don't know why my part was drawn in inches. But anyhow it's all working good that piece was taking over two hours now I've got it down 14 min. I also had to chang the g-code to 6000 feed rate. That's the highest it would let me go.