Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:27:09 AM

Author Topic: X AXIS NOT WORKING  (Read 21907 times)

Re: X AXIS NOT WORKING
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »
The reason for me saying as I do is;
1. I did not realise that I had gotten a pirate from my mill supplier.
2. In my mind it is fairly normal to put out a "test" version or demo of a program and when the customer sees that it does what he/she wants then they by.   If the demos/test do not work then there is of course no reason to by.
3. With good support to solve problems ALL THE MORE REASON to by.

That is why I say as I do.

But of course I have all respect if you are not interested.  I would then go in search of other programs that are on the net for example EMC2 that is Linux based.  So far I think that Mach 3 is better but I only need to see that it works.   

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »
MANY THousands have already proven it works just fine.

SeeYA, (;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
Your problem will not be Mach, it will either be config or hardware, the latter being the most likely with the Chinese stuff I am afraid.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »
Do you have any suggestions on a good controller card that I can get?  In my mind the best would be a USB card but that will not work with Mach3 OR?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 06:00:02 PM »
You have drive/breakout combo board I think so you need to have drives for your steppers so the GeckoG540 would probably suit, its similar in that its a 4 axis and breakout combo but it differs in that the drives plug into the breakout board and can be replaced individually if required, that is unlikely though.
There are USB devices that work with Mach but they are controllers and not drivers so you would still need the drives anyway.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 06:06:31 PM »
sverker,
Frankly I suggest you go back and get a different board or ask for some help from the place you bought it from.
We can and are happy to help with configuration, etc, but with a driver board  that's possibly "flacky" we can only do so much.

I would strongly suggest that you try "all" of the software controllers out there and you be the judge on what's best for you.
I surely wish you success once you decide on the controller.

You got a pirate copy and try to use it , known or unknown to you, and that in itself creates problems.
How could you think that for the price you paid a Mach license would be included?

All in all seems you got what you paid for,

RICH
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »
I honestly did not have a clue as to what these programs costed before I started with this.  The reason I bought the miller in the first place was to make small mode airplane parts that were expensive to by in Carbon.  Now it seems that (disregarding the learning I am getting) this is a very expensive way to go.   I am stubborn so now I want to learn, that is why I have not thrown it out.   It is bought on eBay and after checking prices there for same equipped millers this was in the normal range with motors frame and controller.