Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:30:54 PM

Author Topic: Input to Mach3 from breakout board  (Read 2647 times)

Input to Mach3 from breakout board
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »
I am looking to tie the speed of my CNC router to an input from the breakout board. I have two input pins open and I want to tie them to the buttons that increase or decrease speed. I was hoping there was a map somewhere in this but I can't seem to find it.

I need some guidance. Not looking for someone to do my "homework" but I'm hoping that someone can point me at a few sections so I can get started.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Input to Mach3 from breakout board
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:12:35 AM »
If you are wanting two external buttons to work the spindle speed up/down then easiest way would be to set them up as OEM triggers in ports and pins, Inputs. Next you would go to Config menu then system Hotkeys and enter the oem codes next to the oem triggers you are using.
For the spindle speed up the oem is  163  and down is 164

If it is something else yo are wanting try again as I am just not quite clear what you are asking.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
Thanks. That is exactly what I needed.

I've got it. I would not have looked at that so I appreciate the guidance

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
No problem :)
I did similar a while back on the lathe, now I have a pot but previously I had 3 switches, 1 for up, 1 down the last reset. I did them slightly differently as I  had a Brain looking at them, the Brain would pulse so that if a button was held it would be seen as multiple presses and the feed would keep increasing or decreasing, it worked well but the pot is much better :)
Hood