Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:00:02 AM

Author Topic: Opinions For Spindle HP  (Read 8335 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions For Spindle HP
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
Damon,
Just got my test Ethernet SS today :)
Looking good so far although I have only tested in simulation as I will need to do a wee bit of rewiring for my mill.
Just talked to Greg and he says probably  beginning to mid Dec when they will be ready but that is dependant on some parts he is waiting for arriving on time.

Hood
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 06:07:45 PM »
That way cool - Perfect timing as I should have funds by then.

Hey off the top of your head. Does swapaxis also move tuning params or just the ports? This will become an issue when it comes time to do my 4th axis project as I plan to turn on it as well. I thought I read somewhere that all it does is move the ports. This will get a bit tricky setting up if so. Especially if they end up geared differently. Haven't thought it all the way through yet but I'm sure it will be an issue. Of course there will be a bunch of factors depending on the drives, motors and encoders that I end up with.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
SwapAxis just swaps the pin numbers around.
Hood
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 06:48:20 PM »
Ya that's what I thought. Defiantly going to want the SS when the time comes. No way the 1.85 steps per unit with the 12:1 gearing is going to work on a 4th axis as spindle. I'd imaging having it geared down some where between 2:1 and 4:1 making the slow 45K even that much worse. Although turning slower would be fine I guess but the RPM's in Mach will be off. That's going to be a problem anyway unless I can balance the two systems. That's going to take some thought. I'd imagine setting things up to work as desired on the 4th axis and then using the DSD gearing to balance the two. Guess I'll work that out when the time comes. To much to think about for now.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 04:21:59 AM »
Not really sure what you are wanting with the 4th axis but unless motor tuning is the same (accel, Vel Steps per) as the axis you are to swap with then I think you would have issues.
Hood
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
My thought exactly however I was looking over the Wiki last night and noticed the motor tuning params can be changed via macro. So if that does become an issue I should be able to changed those in my macros that swapaxis. As far as gearing differences go I figure I can use different pulley setups to compensate. Also changeable via Macro by changing the DRO.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »
That should work well :)
Hood