Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:57:28 AM

Author Topic: Swapaxis and Spindle Relays  (Read 2496 times)

Swapaxis and Spindle Relays
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »
So I'm in the process of setting up a 4th axis with the capability to also run as a spindle to turn on. There is a great thread on here where such a project was done and there is a ton of good information. He utilized the swapaxis function to swap his spindle and his 4th axis and it worked great for his setup. My problem is that my spindle runs on relays and even with the swap function the relays stay active. It would be very helpful if there was a VB function to disable/enable the relays. There is a checkbox in setup for it so all I need is a function to control it.

That all said I figured a work around out using a custom brain, a User OEM LED and two unused outputs. It looks like it will work but it's kind of Rube Goldberg.

I could also use an interrupting relay on the motor relays controlled by another output and another brain or macro group. Again kinda barbaric.

So is it possible to get at the setup options from VB?
Re: Swapaxis and Spindle Relays
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
Well I solved the problem another way and imroved the whole thing along the way. I decided to go to an AC servo for the spindle. Lots of benefits other than fixing this issue.