Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:25:09 PM

Author Topic: Ethernet connection for Mach3  (Read 11836 times)

Ethernet connection for Mach3
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:35:07 AM »
Is there a development going on to offer Ethernet type of connection with Mach3, which would offer longer cables connecting the servo motors and faster connection for many axis, spindle motors,  including limit switches and and other sensors and outputs?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Ethernet connection for Mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:02:16 PM »
There are at least 3 motion devices listed on the Plugins Download page that use an ethernet connection with Mach3. But none of them are cheap. I believe they are all at least $700.

And then there's this device:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,19697.0.html
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:25:27 AM »
Warp9 make the USB-connected SmoothStepper. They are working on an ethernet version.

Cheers
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:26 PM »
The Gecko G100 was networked. I love mine. They arnt made anymore, LOTS of people had problems with them but I stand by mine. I am thinking of the new Smooth Stepper when it comes out.

Mike.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »
 :)Thanks for the good news reply, All the best to ALL for N.Y.2012 :)
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 12:22:05 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with the wixhc Ethernet Motion Card? I have purchased one and I am struggling to get it to work. One sources describe the use of a software driver, while other sources describe that it is a "plug and play" controller, no driver needed. I contacted the seller (purchased through Aliexpress) but have had no reply. I also contacted the manufacturer, again, no reply.

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 03:34:13 PM »
Yes, well, AliExpress  . . . Your experiences would be about normal for that source. It may work, but you might need some SW and HW expertise to get it going.

Ethernet engines use the ethernet driver from the OS, so it should be 'plug and pray', but there may well be a software driver upstream from that. I don't know.

Anyhow, this web site is for Warp9 products, not for Chinese imitations. We cannot (and mostly won't) support copies. We have seen plenty of them, mostly not working.

Can i suggest you swallow your pride and put the Chinese unit aside and buy an ESS from Warp9? At least you know it WILL work and you WILL get good support.

Cheers (or otherwise)
Roger
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the wixhc Ethernet Motion Card?

They've got your money....what the hell do they care whether you can get it to work?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 03:22:28 PM »
They've got your money....what the hell do they care whether you can get it to work?
More to the point perhaps is whether they have any idea of how to make it work.

A lot of those vendors are just dealers/distributors, and they are NOT technical. It is usually just a waste of your time chasing them.

Cheers
Roger