Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:11:22 PM

Author Topic: homming slave axis  (Read 2438 times)

homming slave axis
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:26:49 PM »
I have slaved my y and a axis together to run two motors on my  y axis. I have just installed my homing switches. Z and X axis work fine. When the homing sequence for the Y axis starts it only move one of my motors not both at the same time. It works fine when cutting but only when trying to reference all home. Is there a setting that will move both motors at the same time when referencing all home?
Re: homming slave axis
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »
Goto to general config and check:

Jeff

scottn

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »
Do you have a home switch installed for each motor on the Y axis?  If not, and you are only using 1 switch, then check off "Home Slave with Master Axis" in General Config as Jeff pointed out.  If you have a switch for each motor, though, you should leave that unchecked and instead redo the vbscript behind your Ref All Home button to use the proper RefCombination() in place of the current command that only references Y...

I hope that helps,

scott
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »
Thank you all for your prompt reply. It means alot to me and I would image others too, that getting a quick response is encouraging and helpful. The answers that were given fixed my problem. Agin thank you