Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:43:54 PM

Author Topic: Warmup wizard question...  (Read 4095 times)

Warmup wizard question...
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:51:13 AM »
Hey guys,
     Well I posted in another thread that now my modbus spindle is operational. I am very pleased. However I just tried to do a warmup of the machine using the very cool wizard I got from here. It has been invaluable to me to allow me to not only warmup my machine but also to troubleshoot some issues I was having.  Anyways, My question is now that I have spindle control I tried to setup the warmup wizard to USE the spindle warmup features.  I set my max and min spindle speeds, my time, my speed interval in the settings.  Then I checked use spindle, and vary spindle speed I think it was and then posted the code. Problem is that when i tried to run the program the machine comes from home position, to the start position I indicated in the settings, then the spindle starts and goes to the low speed setting. Then the axes move to their first max position and the spindle speeds to it's highest position. For some odd reason the program seems to just stop there. It does not ask me for a cycle start prompting or anything it just stops. Then If I hit cycle start it will cycle to the next position of the axes and then go to the next spindle speed setting and it STOPS again.. I am sure it is probably some stupid setting I have wrong somewhere but if anyone here has an idea what it could be I would really appreciate it. Having the ability to warmup the spindle as well as the machine would be great.  Also I am curious as to why even tho it has the settings in the wizard for the steps of spindle speed( I used 1000) the spindle simply goes from the max to the min over and over in the G-code. Is that what it is supposed to do?  I was kinda hoping it would vary the speed in intervals of 1000 from my min to max and back down as it cycles thru the movements.  Thanks in advance for any information...peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Warmup wizard question...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:11:40 AM »
You got a link to the warmup wizard?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 06:47:10 AM »
Pete,
Mine works properly.  It's probably a user input issue :)
It took me a few times playing with it before I got the spindle to work in harmony with the moves.  Once I did, the table & z moves like it used to and the spindle stays running and changes speeds.

I would have to go in the shop and see how I have it configured.
I can't test right now because my spindle is torn down  (belt drive).

Richard

You got a link to the warmup wizard?
Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
That is a great guy huh, just helped me with my modbus issues and now he wants to help me with the warmup program.   8) 8)

I tried several different setups in the program to get it to run the spindle warmup concurrent with the axis warmups and it still will not run without these annoying pauses.  The machine is working fine and seperately the warmups seem to work fine, just not together.  The settings for the spindle are quite simple in the wizard so I dunno what I could have checked to make it work this way. Perhaps it is a setting in mach?  I looked thru these as well with no luck. Perplexed...hmmm...

I will try to find the link to the warmup/breakin program and post it here....peace

Pete
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
Okay found it here is a link to uh here....

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13915.0.html

It is a quite interesting and useful wizard and I would like to thank whoever built it. I use it daily now to warmup my machine but again I would love to be able to gradually spin up the spindle in steps as the warmup wizard progresses. Right now it starts low, then runs high, then back low, then high again.  That is of course if it would not pause the program like it does.... HMM...peace

Pete

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think you save the Spindle warmup as a separate file.  You have to load that warm up file and not the one that you can post from the wizard.  Double check this by looking at the G-Code.

There is also a check box somewhere that says to use rapids and to move all axis at the same time and I had both checked.

That is a great guy huh, just helped me with my modbus issues and now he wants to help me with the warmup program.   8) 8)

I tried several different setups in the program to get it to run the spindle warmup concurrent with the axis warmups and it still will not run without these annoying pauses.  The machine is working fine and seperately the warmups seem to work fine, just not together.  The settings for the spindle are quite simple in the wizard so I dunno what I could have checked to make it work this way. Perhaps it is a setting in mach?  I looked thru these as well with no luck. Perplexed...hmmm...

I will try to find the link to the warmup/breakin program and post it here....peace

Pete
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »
Richard,
   If that is the case then what do you blend the two files together manually to get it to do what I am asking?  I have use spindle checked, vary spindle speeds, etc... It just will not run the both of them at the same time. Do you just run the spindle warmup before or after the axis warmup?  I'm confused....haha peace

Pete

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »
The spindle file has both sections of G-code "if" I remember correctly.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »
Oh really!!  Gotta check it out... thanks again man. Peace

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
Ah ok thought it was a new wizard when you said it was called Warmup.
Hood