Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:16:26 AM

Author Topic: Need help from Mach 3 Gurus  (Read 2075 times)

Need help from Mach 3 Gurus
« on: November 05, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
I may have screwed up my Gecko 540 or maybe I'm just a Mach 3 idiot. Sure would appreciate some help.

My small router has been working great for the last 6 months or so until a thrust bearing failed.

Today, I started to take apart my small router to replace the failed thrust bearing and install a better set of connectors to my steppers. As I was doing the disassembly, I used the steppers to run the delrin nuts off the acme lead screws. I was very careful to secure all parts from falling and didn't put any tension on any of the wires.

I removed the Z-axis and stated to use the same technique to remove the Y axis. The Z motor was disconnected but the connector protected from shorting out. I may have made a error, though, because I did not disable the z axis motor in Mach 3. When I disconnected the Z motor, the computer and the power supply to the Gecko 540 was off.

I suddenly was confronted with the Mach 3 screen shown below. I have seen this screen many times before when a limit switch was tripped or if I neglected to turn my power supply to the Gecko on. I now can't proceed past this screen. When I press "reset" the screen simply reappears. I have disabled the Z axis in Mach 3. I've turned off all inputs except for the E-Stop. I've confirmed that all my connections are tight (they are screwed in and again- there was never any tension put on any of the wires). I even reconnected the Z motor (again with the computer and G540 turned off)

Am I missing something? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Here's the screen:
Re: Need help from Mach 3 Gurus
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
Yike!  Figured it out.  Dummy me set the soft limits for my "Y" axis to +100 inches maximum and +100 minimum.  Obviously Mach 3 faulted at start up.