Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:00:18 PM

Author Topic: Relative motion of cutter to table  (Read 7136 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Relative motion of cutter to table
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
HIYA HOOD, Not the problem here as well. I monitor the Machine coords.  I think it is something in the way we use the Macros and Offsets and Subs that triggers the perfect storm. (;-).

I don't think it is SS specific the resetting of offsets is part of the main problem EVEN with a LPT version.

I rareley see it with the plasma machine BUT it is a very simple 2d process(;-). All the other machines were converted over to the dark side and they NEVER act up, NEVER(;-)

(;-) TP

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »
Was worth a stab in the dark :)
It would be great to find out what the magic combo is.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 07:22:35 PM »
I always keep a EYE out for the storm waters that may cause it. That is the reason for an ODD question sometimes when somone brings up a problem they see(;-).

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
Now just so there is no confusion I run the others on the darkside to prove the hardware is sound. It is a directect plugin and play for me to switch back and forth between them as both are running LPT version.

I believe it has something to do with the G92 problem running TC or Subs.  Mach looses track of the Base Corrds in XY.

(;-)TP
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 07:29:04 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 07:48:40 PM »
Heres hoping for your sake its not something in Machs plugin interface that is the issue then. Have never seen any issues myself and I use the SS on all my machines but maybe just dont do the one thing that triggers it.
Hood

Well, I think I made some progress today, in narrowing down the "trigger" - this issue has always reared its ugly head during peck drilling cycles.  My peck drilling cycles do a rapid down, feed down, dwell, rapid up, repeat as needed.  As the hole gets deeper, the RPM, feedrate, and peck depth are reduced.  Today I took out the RPM changes and dwells, and successfully drilled over thirty 3" deep holes without a problem - first time I've ever been able to do that many holes in a row.  Hopefully this will give Brian or Greg a clue....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »
Ray are you using a canned cycle or a macro or a sub?

(;-) TP

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:35:26 PM »
Ray are you using a canned cycle or a macro or a sub?

(;-) TP

Terry,

D) None of the above.  I have a G-code post-processor that re-writes the G-code with a whole lotta changes.  The peck drill cycles are pure G-code, using nothing but G0s, G1s, G4s, and S-words.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.