Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 12:34:26 PM

Author Topic: Changing the Jog% while jogging.  (Read 2399 times)

Changing the Jog% while jogging.
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:53:17 PM »
Is there a way to change the jog% while jogging. I've noticed that when you jogging and you change the jog%, the jog speed does not change until I release the jog and start it again. I need to have jog speed change without having to cycle the jog. I know this sounds strange, but there is a good reason I want to do this. I have an inexpensive analog joystick and I want to use it to jog with throttling. You know. Move the joystick a little, the axis moves slow. Move the joystick a bunch, the axis moves fast. I'm using a analog port on a modbus and have created a Brain that changes the Jog% and starts the jog but, the jog speeds do not change even though the Jog% changes. Any ideas?

Thanx...
Re: Changing the Jog% while jogging.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:29:33 PM »
Well, you can try an Xbox360 controller and plugin.  It allows speed changing during continuous jog.

Regards,
John Champlain
www.picengrave.com
Re: Changing the Jog% while jogging.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »
zparker, I use the macro pump to do this. I read the value and compare it to the previous value. If its changed I do a feed pause command followed by a run command. I then store the value for comparison for the next read cycle.

I hope this helps.\

Mike.