Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:11:28 AM

Author Topic: Has anyone used the cnc spindles from keling  (Read 15989 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone used the cnc spindles from keling
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
The spindle drive looks like a ac servo drive system. If the settings for the PID are incorrect it will be WEAK and trip out all the time on following error. Are there ANY manual on the spindle drive??  Make and model Numbers??

Could be THAT simple, (;-) TP
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 03:36:36 PM »
I cant under stand why you want to change the spindle on the X6. I have just purchased an X6 for making parts for motorcycles i have had no problems in cutting 6 mm thick 6082 aluminium plate for engine plates. What are the issues you have had with the machine ?

Regards John
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 06:57:52 AM »
I had the same exact issues with my Sangmutan 1100 watt I bought from Keling.  After waiting for a fix I finally asked for a refund which they did do and then replaced my motor with a 3 phase motor and VFD.

It's works fine except that I cheaped out and bought a borderline surplus 3/4 hp motor the first time.    Get you a good 2hp baldor or marathon motor and a VFD Vector drive and install and that will fix your spindle issues.

I drill and tap holes with mine and have complete control over what it does.  The Sangmutan, your leaving someone else in control and they are pretty non responsive about taking care of issues.

It not only has no torque it just shuts down in the middle of a cut randomly. It doesnt matter if you are cutting .001 " or .100 "
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59:42 AM »
Oh, earlier this year, Sangmutan had lots of problems with weak motors and controllers.  Mid year they redesigned them and said they had them fixed.  I bet you could push Syil into sending you a new style.

Richard
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »
Syil sent me the 2200Watt motor and updated driver board. This combination seems to work like it should. Seems to have plenty of torque, I tried to stop the spindle wearing a leather glove at 1000 rpm and it slowed down a couple hundrerd rpm then leveled out and I couldn't stop it like the 1500 Watt motor. I have only run a couple of parts so far and the performance of this 2200 watt motor has been good. 1/2: cutter .150 DOC at 45 IPM with no problems yet. I will post any problems if any arise.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Ken
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
I want to thank everyone for all of the input. This is a great site for getting insight and support when you need it. It would have been nice to have such a resource available 25 years ago. I have to say that Syil handled the situation better than I had expected. They stood behind their product and made sure that the issues were taken care of in a timely fashion.
                                                                                                                                          Ken