Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:15:07 AM

Author Topic: Has anyone used the cnc spindles from keling  (Read 15986 times)

Has anyone used the cnc spindles from keling
« on: October 29, 2011, 10:07:56 AM »
I have a syil X-6 standard mill with the 1500w brushless motor and I am looking to replace it with something that works. Has anyone used the cnc spindles keling sells? They have a 3 hp with a vfd for around $650.00 the sanmutang motor and driverr I have
in the machine has not workeed right since day one. the machine is still under waranty but I am not looking for another junky motor. any ninput would be appreciated.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Thanks Ken

Specification
OD=80 mm x 180mm, Voltage: 220V
Speed: 6000-24000 R/min
Power: 1500  (2HP)W, Frequency:400 Hz
Water Cooling, ER11 collet chuck
Grease Lubrication, NSK Bearing, Runout off: less than 0.005mm
Water cooling about  20-26 gal/hr

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: Has anyone used the cnc spindles from keling
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:02:25 AM »
I have one of these on my CNC router. I don't know much about it other than it works flawlessly. Mine has some spindle runout so if you get one check that first. I have run mine for over 100 hours on a single program and no problems. I don't know what the setup is like for the inverter as mine came set from China.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:43:58 AM »
Thank you for responding. This spindle looks like my best option so far. We bought this machine in may to produce motorcycle parts for our buisness and it has about put us out of buisness and home, so we are deserate to get this machine useable and hopefully salvage the situation. Ken

There is no replacement for displacement

[/quote]

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:17 AM »
These spindles are really designed for woodworking applications, and may not last long if cutting steel. I do know of one person who only cuts aluminum on his router and swears by them.
Most people buy them directly from China through Ebay. There are a large number of users on CNC Zone using them, but most use the 2.2KW version, as it has a larger ER20 collet. A small percentage of people have had trouble with them, but it seems that most work great. BUying from Keling will make it easier to return a bad one, but you'll pay more up front.

Also, most people recommend buying a good brand VFD, like a Hitachi, rather than the Chinese ones that typically come with those spindles. The Chinese VFD's are not very good quality.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:36:30 AM »
Yes, mine is the larger 2.2KW one with the ER20 collets. It would have enough power to cut aluminium at half speed, but there is no way that it will cut steel, don't even consider that. Most routers aren't rigid enough to cut aluminium other than sheet pattern work or very small cuts. For the VFD, it works without fault, have had no issues with it at all.
Why did the router about put you out of business if I may ask?

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »
The syil X-6 is a milling machine. I think what he means is that after the purchase price of the mill and all the other stuff you gotta have, he needs more income, rather than more downtime and expense.

Hard to imagine that the machine will not cut aluminum with the factory setup. That's allot of money for machinery that don't work as intended. What exactly are you trying to do with it, that it's falling short of expectations?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:20:03 PM by Sam »
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »
We have a website where we sell billet aluminum mortorcycle parts for Buells and we also make billet alum emblems and accessories for cars. Every thing we make is from T6061. A 1/2" cutter is about the largest cutter that I use and for hogging I use a corncob. I am happy with the basic machine. The problem is in the cheap chinese electronics. It does not seem to matter how you tune the motor it has no torque. You can stop it with your hand.  We bought the machine in May of this year and have allready went through 3 stepper motor drivers , we are on our second spindle drive board, the coolant motor was bad, the digital display has quit working even the switches and worklight have failed. I have worked with machines since 1985 and owned a large machine shop that recently fell victim to the economy and I have never seen so much fail on a single machine in so little time. I ran across a thread on here where the 1100w sanmutang motor and driver was being discussed. I believe the thread wqas started in 2008 sometime and the talk was about the problems they were having with that combination. The only difference with mine is the motor is a 1500w model. exact same driver board as the 1100w that keling sells. This unit exhibits the same problems. (1) no torque its a 2 hp brushless motor and you can stop it with your hand (2) The motor will just stop in the middle of a cut. It doesnt matter if you are using a 1/4" cutter and taking .010 at 8ipm. it will just stop running a program with no part in the machine.
   I have rerouted and shielded the cables to prevent interferance from the cables that carry voltage. I am running a 6 core prosser at 3.2 ghz with 8 gig of ram windows Xp professional service pack 3. I have tried every kernel speed. The driver check utility gives me a execellent rating and the pulse stream looks beautiful  even at 100khz. When it stops there is no indication of why it is happening. I have over $10.000 dollars worth of parts needing to be made to fill orders and a new machine that wont make parts and its killing me. I just purchased a C32 dual port board from CNC4PC to replace the bob in the machine and when I can I plan on some larger steppers an probably gecko drives.
   If anyone knows of a fix for this I am all ears
                                                                 Ken

There is no replacement for displacement
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
I posted the wrong specs. it was the 2.2 kw spindle I was looking at.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 10:49:43 PM »
What does Syil have to say? 

(;-) TP
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 11:07:46 PM »
They have been replacing the parts . With the same parts. There is obviously a design flaw with the spindle controller as there has been from the start from what ai have been able to find out. Had I known this beforehand I would have gone a different route. I am going to propose to them to give me the cost of purchasing one of their motors and drives to use towards a suitable replacement. If the spindle motor setup is not practicle then maybe an ac servo drive and digital controller.

Ken