Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:57 PM

Author Topic: xml crashes mach3  (Read 5354 times)

xml crashes mach3
« on: October 23, 2011, 09:00:39 PM »
Bought a RomaxxCnc Router and downloaded the xml from the website.  Downloaded Mach3 and installed it on my dell running xp.  Mach3 starts up and runs fine on any of the preloaded xmls but when I select the Romaxx xml the Artsoft screen appears but before the mach3 screen appears the computer stops, locks up and I have to power down to restart it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: xml crashes mach3
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:25 AM »
Did you read and follow all the Romaxx instructions for installing the screen set and xml file?
RICH
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
The instructions say to drop the xml file in the mach3 folder and that should do it.  I can open the xml with notepad and that causes no problems, it's only after I call it up as my profile for mach3 that the problem occurs.  Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:35:28 PM »
StudentofCNC
I downloaded the info from the Romaxx site and used the xml from the WD-1 folder . Using that xml the Mach standard mill screen opened right up.
I am using Mach ver 3.042.33. I didn't try their screen set though and one would need to follow the instructions for installation of it.
RICH

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:55:36 AM »
I downloaded and installed the version you are running just in case mine was corrupt.  Everything went well.  I downloaded the wd-1 xml from romaxx's site and dropped it into the Mach3 folder.  From that folder I double clicked the Mach3.exe and chose the new romaxx xml.  Once again the artsoft screen pops up and the computer freezes.  Desperation started to set in, so I called up the factory mill profile and entered the configuration menu.  I enabled the x,y,z axis and set some of the inputs and outputs with what I could make out from reading the Romaxx xml in notepad.  I did get all the axis to jog on command but have no way of knowing if the motors are configured correctly in the parameters setting.  I just wanted to see if the parallel port was working and apparently it is.  I think I just entered that space between the rock and the hard place.  Appreciate the help.  Thanks Again
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
Hi Rich,

How exactly did you download and enter the xml file into Mach3?  Maybe I'm not doing something correctly, or I'm corrupting the file as I'm moving and unzipping it?  I'm unsure where to go from here.  Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
I went to the Romaxx site, downloaded and extracted the zip file and then just copied the xml file from the WD-1 AML folder into where Mach is installed on my computer.
One would assume that if you have their machine, have hooked it up per instructions,  and are using their screen set that all should work. The settings should be correct for the machine you bought.

Did you run the driver test?

What version of Windows are you using?
What version of Mach3?

RICH

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 01:29:25 AM »
Hi Rich,

Ron told me the problem was most likely a timing issue in my computer, so I got a different Dell with xp and it seemed to install Mach3 and the xml correctly and it is up and running.  I don't exactly know what the problem was with the last computer but I hope to format it and reload xp on it to use it on my next project.  Getting a dyna myte 2400 converted to Mach3.  If you have any tips on the conversion please pass them along.  I'm going to need all the help I can get. 

Thankyou very much for all the help, it's comforting to know Mach has such a good following and support group.

Thanks Alot,
                                                                                      A Novice StudentofCnC

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
So what is the make of the Dell you are now using? Dose it have on-board graphics?
I have not had good luck with Dell computers. Run the driver test and you should see a flat line with no spikes and the frequency
should be steady and close to the kernel speed.
RICH

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »
Hi Rich,
The chip is a pentium 4 and was running xp with service pack 2.  My buddy updated it to service pack 3 and completly removed mach3 and cleared the registries.  He reinstalled mach3 and once again it ran great, but when he loaded the romaxx xml it crashed.  The other computer he gave me is a pentium 3 and runs xp with service pack 3.  It's a Dell but runs the romaxx xml just fine.  I'll use the pentuim 4 to get my Dyna Myte running.  Thanks Alot,  StudentofCnC