Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:26:19 AM

Author Topic: mach3 connect 2 Z axis  (Read 12685 times)

Re: mach3 connect 2 Z axis
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
For 4 years there is no possibility, so you did not learn what's come on in this

Now it's 4 years, ??? and another machine, and using who knows what computer , BOB, etc you are using. ::)
Frankly, if you haven't solved the other three machines, or even addressed what was suggested in the other posts.....
you will end up at the same place only with a more complex situation to deal with. Then numerous posts and time will be spent trying to help
you and you won't do what was suggested.  :( Thus no closure on anything and the story will continue. Probably will go onto a 5th machine and start all over. ;)

RICH

you know what the problem is in my English, I can not write properly. I wonder all the time on the gecko 540 I know this driver, I do not want to buy next gecko 540 , I just want to check it  ,surely my next driver will g203v and c11

I will not  pushing money into something which can not be set
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
YNN,
  I think maybe you misunderstood.
"""I am building a cnc router with plasma ,on one Z axis  will be plasma on the second Z axis spindle."""

"I Bad" for not understanding

which is not to understand  ,  I know the plasma gives the dirt because i  will bulid 2 Z axis
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »
Doesn't seen all that different than running a drill or impact marker on a separate Z axis.  If the second Z axis ends up being "A" then just use A instead of Z in CAM when you want to command that axis.

Another way is to put the secondary tool on a slide with an air cylinder and use an output to control the cylinder.  Air on and the tool moves down and below the plasma torch.  Air off and the tool moves up above the torch.  With the secondary tool in the down position, it becomes the active tool.  With the secondary tool in the up position, the torch would be the active tool. Either way, you're using normal Z commands on both.  You'd have to apply an offset to any code intended for the secondary tool, but that can be done in CAM.

thanks for reply
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
YNN,
  I think maybe you misunderstood.
"""I am building a cnc router with plasma ,on one Z axis  will be plasma on the second Z axis spindle."""

"I Bad" for not understanding

which is not to understand  ,  I know the plasma gives the dirt because i  will bulid 2 Z axis

Guess I should have said: "I never seen that statement", sorry for missing that detail.