Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:46:38 PM

Author Topic: controlling my speeds  (Read 8517 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: controlling my speeds
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
TO have any speed on the A axis as a 3d type cut you need to sync to the A part diameter so MACH acan figure out the proper relationship of the X and A speeds to BLEND the move. Otherwise Mach picks the slowest combination it is aware of "the a axis speed". BUT as you have found IF you make a staight X move it runs at the actual speed called for. 

Just a thought(;-) TP

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
Interesting. How do you sync to the A part diameter?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 01:23:48 PM »
Go to gen config then toolpath config. Check the box for USe radius for feedrate.

THEN go to the settings page ,top right and insert the values of the A axis part as a radius.

That will allow MACH to know what the true surface speed of the part is based on the radius AND allow it to better blend the feedrates of the XY/A.

Just a thought(;-) TP
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »
Sounds awesome, thank you. I am cutting right now, when finished I'll give that a try!

do you think that will fix this other problem maybe?  This pic is for the Texas AM logo. I have a guy working on licensing and I am making his samples.  In Visual Mill 6, I created this and in Simulation mode it works perfect. Each letter has a box on it, so like the A has 3 boxes, one on top and 2 on the bottom, that's just how they font their letters.  I cut this out and the T is flawless. The A and the M are perfect but not on top. If you look close at the pic you can see the box on the top of the A. It should be flat across the top, but it is V shaped. The boxes on the bottom legs of the A are perfect. The M is doing the same thing. The 2 top boxes on the M is v shaped and the leg boxes at the bottom are perfectly square. It's bizarre.  I sent my program to Visual mill and they say it's perfect, got to be some other issue.  Right now, I am able to still make these samples, but what I have to do after it is cut is jog the bit with my mouse into the top square and carefully buzz across the top of each box to clean and square it up. It's not easy, but it works, and it sucks having to do it.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
MACH3 will only do as it is told to do(;-).

The only way to know for sure is to post the program and let someone else test it or at least let us reveiw the code to see IF we can spot anything that may cause it.

IF you do not wnat to publicly post it (not always a good idea with copywrite/trademark materials) then you can email it direct to me.

BUT before you do that try the fix it may just be a case that with CV turned on and a slow axis it created rounding arcs where a square corner should be.

(;-) TP

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:51:43 PM by BR549 »
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
ok, thanks. I have something to try first and if it doesn't work out I can do that. I want to get these perfect as I can so the customer can get the legal rights to it.  The visual mill guy gave me something new to try, some kinda edit in my posting process that might fix it. I have about an hour or so left on the current part in the machine. Then I'm going to do the mach edits and load in the new software edits and see what happens. Hopefully it will cut much faster this time too. The visual mill says it should take 7 minutes, but the real time it has been taking is 2 hrs 41 minutes. Be sweet if I could even just do one in an hour, then I could be profitable! I have a lot of money tied up in this machine. Good news is I paid cash. It's been a real struggle the least few months, but I feel much better every day using it. I actually drew this logo using the mouse and visual software, posted all the stuff, 100% accomplished it by myself this time! Every bug I encounter and fix teaches me a whole lot..I learn best by my mistakes.  Heck..you see the tape on this rod..yea, I learned that fast, no tape and the rod can slip in the bushings and get trashed out by the bit. DAMHIKT..lol!
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »
WOW>>>HAHAHAHA!!!  You guys rock! Hood...you were absolutely correct about the speed was too fast. I about jumped out of my shorts when it took off after making the suggestions of the second kind sir!  I cut this design, it took 2 hrs 40 minutes.  Now I recut, took 4 min 48 seconds! Plastic dust was launching. I was about to do a manual over ride and slow it down but thought heck..let her go and away she went. She cut that baby out super sonic speed. It did break off a few pieces, but I actually don't think the speed was the issue, the rod was an extra one where the inside hole I accidentally bored a touch too big, so the depth of the hole ended up going all the way through the rod and that's why the center of the A disappeared and part of the inside of the M broke off.  I will slow it down next time, but not hardly by much.  I got the boxes on the top of the two letters perfect too.

This was the suggestion to try in the visual mill and it worked out.

Can you try setting the Co-ordinate output in the post to non-modal and see if this makes any difference?. To edit the post processor, select Set Post Options (2nd button on setup tab), Click edit next to current post processor. This opens up the post processor generator.
On the General tab, clear the check box for Co-ordinate under Modal Output. Save and close the post processor.
Now post process your toolpath.
Setting the co-ordinate to non-modal, outputs X Z and A co-ordinate motions for every line of code.