Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:00:31 AM

Author Topic: spindle did not run  (Read 4001 times)

Offline bob b

•  16 16
    • View Profile
spindle did not run
« on: October 16, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
Hi i have been playing with machine and using new fanglewizards, did a pocket 3x6 the other day everything worked well , raised z axis and cut air first to make sure i had it rite. it ran fine ,  the next day i decided to cut some slots in piece so i went into newfangled solutions and , used keyway funtion posted code and went  to run again i left z axis up to make sure it  was going to be ok. I ran and it went through motions , the only thing that did not seem rite was spindle did not turn on and when i looked at the code thier was no start spindle code in begining ! I then just wen to rpm window and they wern't posted either . i then posted the spindle speed went back tried again still had to start spindle with f5 spindle start window is this normal or did i miss something
Re: spindle did not run
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:06:45 PM »
This is one of those problems that is a feature, not a bug.

remember, one feature of the Newfangled suite is that you can string together several procedures into one big gcode file. If you are doing that, you would not want a spindle on command and tool change in each process. So the wizard looks to see if this operation is using the same tool as the last one, if so it does not include the spindle code.

Thats nice, but if its the first operation, and the tool is tool 0 (zero) then the program gets confused and doesn't turn on the spindle. I fixed this by setting the current tool variable to -1 in the init.m1s file, which runs when the wizard starts up.

If you are seeing this problem I guess you are using tool 0 and running an old version of the wizards.

Offline bob b

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »
thanks ron i appreciate that i am learning slow but sure! as far as downloading updates for newfangled wizardson forum, just use flash drive and dowload to a file i make or name . I am not to pc savy i put new fangled wizards license on flash drive, i guess i can use it for updates also any help on how todo would be appreciated thanks bob b ;D
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 08:12:10 AM »
The first topic in this forum always has the latest version. There are some instructions there on how to load them.