Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:06:23 AM

Author Topic: CNC4PC C19 HELP  (Read 3676 times)

CNC4PC C19 HELP
« on: October 15, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
I have the CNC4PC C19 freq drive and it once ran fine.  I have since moved, put off the project and built a new computer for this machine.  When resetting up the router it now hates me.  I have plenty of issues, but the big one is that I can't get the C19 to run the router.  It's running Mach3 through a C10 BOB and then the C19.  The instructions that come with it are useless.  Art makes good stuff but is never available to help.  I sent a message on the CNC4PC yahoo group that has never been touched either.  I have followed the instructions as closely as I could but the pics on them are often wrong to the words and so on.  So if anyone is using this board, and has it working, please help me get this thing checked off my "Machine bugs" list.

E

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
Re: CNC4PC C19 HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:09:45 AM »
First a little patience on the forum will go along way.
There is a huge number of people here willing to help!
If you need immediate help you can scroll down and request
help for a fee.
Now what computer did you have, what computer do you have now.
What machine / motors?
Do the basics work? x y z movement. 
Need specs!
olf20 / Bob
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
CNC4PC C19 HELP
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
Or have you tried to contact Arturo thru his website? Cnc4pc.com
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 11:35:14 PM »
Olf20, did I seem impatiant or rude?  I'm sorry if I did, I was surely not meaning it that way.  Now the machine is a homebuilt, the motors are random, the drives are homebuilt.  Everything works just fine except the spindle control.  I have it wired exactly like in the CNC4PC manual, that's probably the issue.  The manual is confusing, as the pics don't match the words with them, the thing is very contradictory.  Thus I was hoping for a current user to simply tell me exactly how his wired using a C10 BOb and C18 controller with mach3.  So with that and his config's I should be able to get it running and modify mine after.  The old computer was a old homebuilt, the new computer is a Dell, but again everything works but the spindle so I'm sure it's just in the messed up config's.

And Yes I have tried to contact him and on his yahoo groups which is his tech support.  I must say no one, not only Art has responded.  I know he is busy, and he makes great things, I just want to get min working again.  :)

E

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »
I don't have a c19 but sometimes just stepping thru the setup with someone else
helps. I have purchased products from Art and have to give him five stars.
So ----
What are your settings on the board?
DIP

Pins from Bob to C19?
Are they the same as in the manual or did you
need to use others?

What are your settings in Mach?

I'm betting this is something simple.

Does the router run fine without the controller?

olf20 / Bob
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 01:29:56 AM »
Ok, I got it working, talk about loads of things to go through.  When I say working, I mean I could get the spindle to come on.  I just hooked up a small quite pump to test the circuit, the fiance is sleeping directly above my woodroom, probably not a good Idea to fire up the PC690 at 12:29AM.  :)  So tomorrow I will see if I can get to control the speed.  I do have another issue, it seems the second relay is stuck open.  I can't control it and it's sending current constantly.

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »
Glad you are getting things sorted out.
Keep us posted.
olf20 / Bob