Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:16:12 PM

Author Topic: Trying to run a router table.  (Read 2736 times)

Trying to run a router table.
« on: October 13, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »
I'm trying to run an XYZ router table. I'm having trouble setting the Z axis and keeping it where I want it. I want to run a dry run of the part I'm cutting to see if the thing will cut. I'd hoped to set the the Z axis an inch over my substrate and run a test cut by fooling the machine into thinking it was in the 0.5 inch position to start. The machine keeps fooling my by going to the wrong depth.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks,
Lindsay

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to run a router table.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
 Just zero the DRO higher than your min depth of cut. What I mean by that is say your code calls for a min Z of -1" then move the cutter to say 1.5inch above the work and then zero the Z DRO. When you run the code the Z will not go lower than whats in the code so -1 in this example so it will still be 0.5 inch above the work.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 03:34:23 PM »
To add to what Hood said to FIND the min/max extents of the program load the program then go to the toolpath page, top right hand side is a display of the MIN/MAX distances that are in the gcdoe file.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »
Thanks guys,
Most helpful, I don't use this program enough and I need to start using it more.
The support is much appreciated and useful.
Lindsay