Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:59:09 PM

Author Topic: Jog fast / slow toggle?  (Read 14402 times)

Jog fast / slow toggle?
« on: October 13, 2011, 06:07:04 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I have been using Mach3 for a few months now but have not been able to find an option to toggle between Fast and slow Jog.
I know it will fast Jog if the Shift is held down but my Pendant does not have a shift key and I would like to set up Fast and slow jog speeds then switch between them and it will run at that speed until I change to the other option.
Is there an OEM code I could add a button and hotkey on my screen?

Cheers
Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Jog fast / slow toggle?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 07:34:39 AM »
Dont think there is but if you have a macro capability from your pendant you could write to the SlowJogDRO to change between 100% and whatever.
If  not you could set up a VB button on the screen and have a hotkey to operate it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:59:42 AM »
Dont think there is but if you have a macro capability from your pendant you could write to the SlowJogDRO to change between 100% and whatever.
If  not you could set up a VB button on the screen and have a hotkey to operate it.
Hood
Thanks for that Hood,
My pendant is very basic and can't do macros but I like the sound of your second idea of changing the slow Jog value between a high and low jog value.
I can set up a button on screen and a hotkey to turn it on and off but don't have a clue about writing the VB needed. I will have a read about writing VB and see if I can nut it out.

Cheers
Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:02:39 AM »
Something like this may work, it will look at the DRO and if its less than 100%  it will be set to 100%, if its already 100% it will be set to 20%

SlowJog = GetOemDRO (3)
If SlowJog =100 Then
SetOemDRO(3,20)
Else
SetOemDRO(3,100)
End If

Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
Problem Solved.

Thanks to Hoods suggestion I had a read up on Mach3 VB and have now got a solution to toggling between a fast and slow jog.
I am noting it here in case someone else want to implement a similar solution.

My pendant has a Jog+ and Jog- key.
I'm not interested in incremental adjustment to the Jog speed so I have decided to use both keys to change the slow jog rate up and down.

I  have set a new button for the Jog- Hotkey on my MPG screen to change slow jog rate to 3% using VB script SetOEMDRO 3,3

I have set a new button for the Jog+ Hotkey on my MPG screen to change slow jog rate to 100% using VB script SetOEMDRO 3,100
It works a treat.

As I was typing this Hood has posted a neat little script that would allow this to be done with a single key to toggle between 20% and 100% and back again on the slow Jog.
Thank you for taking the time to do this for me, it is much appreciated.

Cheers
Peter
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:21:23 AM by cncnutz »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:57 AM »
No probs, your way may suit you better :)
Hood
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
Great stuff. I have the same Pendant, and have now set it up to move 0,5% when I press J-, and alternate between 20% and 100% when I press J+. :)