Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:07:45 AM

Author Topic: weird happenings  (Read 3767 times)

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
weird happenings
« on: December 18, 2006, 07:50:21 PM »
Hi, I have a hobby cnc pro rev 1 board running mach 3, I had everything running, limit and home switches working, shut down last nite, started up this am the z axis would not move only whirring sound, disconnected wires for z and wired them to x axis, worked fine, disconnected again and wired back into z, worked fine, hooked up original wires from x to x terminal, guess what, x axis now just whirrs but dos not turn. Any ideas besides garbage can?
Thanks
Terry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: weird happenings
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »
Weird indeed. ;D I know you have tried, but you really need to find something in commmon with the problem. Cables, motors, board. Sounds like you have tried this and moved the problem. Try the steps you mentioned again and see what happens the second go round. Hey, maybe you can chase the problem right off of the board. ;D I will help all I can.
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 11:38:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I am starting to suspect my printer cable, as now all motors are moving, however I am unable to bring up the jog control by hitting the tab key. I will purchase a new one in the am.
Terry

Hood

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 01:18:04 AM »
The printer cable wont affect being able to bring up the jog control with the tab key. It sounds more like you have corruption of Mach, try reinstalling Mach over the top of itself. It may be a good idea to back up your xml file if you havent already.
Hood

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »
You are absolutely right, I was sitting thinking about it last nite and realized that the cable has no effect.
Terry